Jazz Market by The Sea
20:56via jazzmarket
As I told you before on the recent post, Pélopé Shop came to participate in 3-days program Jazz Market by the Sea in Benoa. I skipped the first day's shift because I attended 1NSOMANIA at Kopi Kultur so I had to stand by for the last two days. Mrs. Wayan accompanied me with the selling that day and I took an hour or so wandering around the venue, looking at other stalls at the Market area while my stall was at Art Gallery area (that was not too much visited, sadly).
Daniel, one of my new friends, came to watch the jazz performance at 5 p.m. so I met him and wandered around the Food Stalls together for dinner. We watched Balawan and also Syaharani who really made the second day's, also with the national anthem sang by the polices on stage and followed by the whole guests. Such nationalism in a jazz way on Independence Day!
[me on Pélopé booth]
On third day, I came at 2 p.m. again (while the music started at 5) but was pretty occupied with other business as Om Irwin asked me to make a project discussion with him. It took another 1.5 hours with the meeting and it was around 5 p.m. when we finished. I met Ana and Zora who came, and also with Hans Aditya who was already with the girls. We had a picnic on the grass and enjoyed the dinner in the garden.
What made this event so interesting is that it was held on Taman Bhagawan, a really big park of green manicured grass and the long pond in front of the stage. The stalls were set nicely, separated between the market and food areas, allowing people to have picnic in between or to sit on the long wooden benches and tables they had prepared.
The children could play in one area set especially for them with lots of games like we can see in amusement parks. On second day there were also Indonesian Independence Day's special games such as panjat pinang, makan kerupuk, tarik tambang, etc. What made it unique was that there were foreigners in the games, too. It was really interesting to see.
[with Dadang SH Pranoto, the vocalist of Dialog Dini Hari]
The best part was during sunset. The western sky behind the sky would turn to orange, red, magenta, pink, green and blue while moon rose from the east. The combination of park and beach also gives another sense of nature, while the sunset scenery just added more romance to it, plus jazz music that was enjoyed while sitting on the grass. The experience was extraordinary!
[Reza, Ana, Hans and me]
I really loved being in this event, watching children running with their faces painted or carried hand-kites, people eating hotdog or cotton candy, with smell of grilled meat and baked pastries in the air. You really should come to the next year's event to know what I'm talking about. Seriously, this is the first time ever I experience this kind of festival, the one I knew only from children books came alive in this Jazz Market.
Thank you so much for the team that made it happened. I really enjoyed it!
P.S. Check more pictures at my facebook album and instagram.
.jpg)















0 comments