The Winner Stands Alone

13:06

via keepcalm-o-matic

No, I had never been a winner before, literally. I had never been in a competition and won any prize, medal or trophy. But I know that I'm heading to that direction in life. I am going to be a winner in my own race of life.  What I learn about it, is that the process is like a military training and it needs a very determined mind and effort to really come out as a winner.

I had been in my comfort zone all my life, surrounded by friends and family who love and support me. But now I'm entering a phase in my life where no friend is around. I learn that to really win and stand out among others, I have to do it all alone because the peak is narrowing and not all people could climb up as high. Not everyone is allowed up there; only the chosen one(s) could.

The newest thing that I learn recently is that people will always try to bring you down, or to hitchhike on our back to get to the top (and not appreciating process) while we are working our own way to win. I learn that not only acquaintances could do that, but also (the person who you thought as) your best friend, too. This had shaken me so hard, to learn the fact that not all people could accept your brilliance.

Well, this is another lesson I learned that people tend to underestimate our abilities, will use the good relationship to get more from us. Honestly, I don't mind helping people, I love doing it. But people really need to appreciate more and respect others. I think a true friend will respect and support me more and will never use me for any cause. Don't you agree?


Note to self:
"Your lack of respect for others will make others respect you less."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)