Eulogy to A Dear Friend
14:50![]() |
| Yoas was the guy in black shirt with rasta-colored skull |
This morning I woke up to a very shocking and sad news: the depart of Yoas Tahapary. I got the news from Agatha, his fiancée. DJ Yoas was my senior in SMA St. Aloysius, tho he was graduated before I entered the high school. We spent more time together with the others back in 2011-2012 at the friendship and brotherhood of OJ's Tavern. It really was the precious moment of our lives--definitely one for me.
I remember one night in 2011 where I decided to hang out at OJ's Setrasari with my friends Timen Cheryl, Dimas and Otto and met Yoas again after few years there, being the "chief" of the bar and staying up until the sun rise. I remember all the jokes, the laughter, all the unimportant-but-memorable chat, the stories and the way he giggled. I remember he created such a pointless but fun Gendut Gemes Group at Facebook to gather friends just to laugh together.
I remember Yoas as a bright, sunny person, despite his dark skin of being an Ambonese. I remember to always dropping by to Sushi Groove where he played every Thursday and Friday whenever I went to PVJ. I remember that one time I specially went over to a new bar with my bestie Maria, just to watch him play. I remember him as a Holland-sprechen and taught me some of it. I remember had my cousin Hizkia learn to spin the vinyl from him for 4 months back then. Those were really fun times we had!
![]() |
| New Year 2012 Eve Party at OJ's |
I remember he was consulting with me when he had a crush to my friend Agatha, who is now his fiancée. I remember him being such a soft, mellow person compared to the wild, lively Agatha--which made them match as a pair. Knowing that they were planning a wedding that supposed to be in November this year, really made my tears won't stop running since morning. I really can't imagine Agatha's pain for losing this great man just months after losing her own father last year. But I know God is planning something beautiful for her as well.
For the past few months, Yoas had been fighting the lymph node cancer and diabetes, and had been staying in the hospital. Last week I had a chance to cheer him up a bit thru the LINE chat, but I know it was far than enough. I'm just glad I had a chance to say a little hi before he was gone. And what made me really glad was to see that he had fun playing at Andru-Karlina's wedding in Bali last March, to know he had lived his life to the fullest. Again, they said good guys finish fast ;)
Yoas Tahapary had been such an awesome person and great friend to many. We are all praying for his soul to rest now and be in peace with the Lord in Heavens. I am writing this eulogy as an expression of loss, but mostly I'm thankful for having a chance to know such a person like Yoas. Too bad I cannot go to Bandung for the last tribute at his funeral tomorrow, and this eulogy is the least that I can give as an honor to his beautiful soul. Farewell, Yoas, you are dearly missed ;')
To anyone who can attend:
at St. Borromeus Funeral Home, Room A
Consolation Worship - May 5 - 7:30 p.m.
Requiem Worship - May 6 - 9 a.m.
Funeral - May 6 at TPUK Pandu, Bandung
Rest in Peace, my friend
Yoas Tahapary
July 1, 1981 - May 5, 2015
Bandung






1 comments