My Silent 32nd Birthday
13:34![]() |
| my prayer for the day went with an offering to the sea |
Guess I was still in the mood of Nyepi (Hindu's Silence Day that happened last week on Mar 9th) so I decided to spend my 32nd birthday just by myself. I turned my birthday notification in Facebook private and started the date by midnight in silence. It was surprising to see who really remembers and without any notification. Some of the close family forgot but unexpected friends remembered. It just so random it's fun to know. Ironically, none of the people that I meet daily here knows/remembers my birthday. Well, it's okay tho.
| to have someone who looks up to you like this is the most precious birthday gift ever |
I also just figured out that I share the same birth date with two new friends: Ratna whom I met casually few months back and Dhea Seto, the young artist. The latter one I found pretty hilarious, because I think we are admiring each other. Dhea said that I inspired her and I think she's an amazing talented young person herself. She's just 18 while I'm 32.
| another lovely & touching birthday greeting that I got from my cousin <3 i=""> <3 br="">3>3> |
I woke up earlier than usual to enjoy the 'silence' and as the day went by I had fun having unexpected people greeted me. But at around 2-3 p.m. people started to broke the silence and posted on my timeline, on Whatsapp groups and suddenly messages were coming in. After working at home like usual, at 4 p.m. I decided to go to the beach and so I went.
| Sanur beach |
I went to Sanur beach instead of my favorite sunset spot, Petitenget. Sanur has its own beauty and magical force that I picked it as I really needed the magic back then. The calm beach really made my day, and I spent my grateful moment there for another 30 minutes enjoying the bluish scenery before I had to go back home.
The rest of my birthday was just like any ordinary day, only that I got some surprises as the day was ending. An old friend came unexpectedly and he brought a lot of laughter to brightened up my night. The next day, an ex told me that "awesome people celebrate birthday in one week" so therefore I extended the celebration for the next day, which made my last 3 birthdays really blessed and complete.
| wonderful birthday dinner by the beach at Mano<3 i=""> 3> |
So for everyone who greeted me a happy birthday, I thank thee. For someone who took part in celebrating my day and complemented it, I am forever grateful, loved and naz*. And for everyone who's reading this, I wish you the happiness that I feel now--may the odds be ever in your favor!
Thank you!<3 i="">3>
<3 i="">
3>
<3 i="">
3>
<3 i="">*) Naz (n.) means the pride that comes from knowing that you are loved no matter what you do.
3>





0 comments