JPS Second Photography Book
01:20I've been blessed with an honour to work with JPS for their second photography book (their first was on their 10th anniversary.) JPS stands for Jakarta Photographer's Society and its members are mostly Jakarta's elites and professionals from various fields who love photography as their passionate hobby. One of the most famous members is Darwis Triadi, a senior photographer who owns and teaches at Darwis Triadi School of Photography.
Last Thursday, April 27, I was invited for the launching of this book, titled "Imagination: The Spirit of JPS". The book was published to commemorate both of their 28th anniversary and the 90th birthday of their president, Mr. Soedjai Kartasasmita. He is no doubt the healthiest and energetic 90-year-old person I've ever met, good for him!
This book contains of the members' best photography, and I think I'm very lucky to get a copy for myself. This is also one of the best photography books I've ever seen, and there's my name written in it. I guess I'm really that lucky (thanks to Pak Iwan Gunawan who recommended me this job and Pak Rikin Junaedi who trusted me.)
The launching event was held at Pondok Indah Golf Club at 5 p.m. and there were important people attending it, including the Ambassador of Bosnia & Herzegovania Mr. Muhamed Čengić, ex-minister of agriculture Dr. Ir. Anton Apriyantono, Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy Specialist Prof. dr. Darto Satoto, Sp.An., and a talented woman who participated at the recent Air Force's photography contest, Sandriani Permani.
Although Darwis Triadi wasn't attending, I had a great moment asking for each attending members' autograph on my book and I guess I just had a valuable experience talking with and learning from these seniors, and above all that, expanded my network. I'm so looking forward working with them again for their next book!





0 comments