Yogyakarta Feb 2019 (Day 3)
11:00
On this third day we were focused to spend it in Yogyakarta city (read about the previous day here). First we met the location manager Dimas to arrange some stuff then we started visiting café / co-working spaces in town. The first one was Sinergi, a pretty cool place to work and have meetings, then we headed to Ekologi. Lucky for us, we met the owner of Ekologi so we spent another 2-hour in that green, cozy café / co-working space, then visited another café of the same owner: Estuary. More about the place, read here.
![]() |
| the inside of Sinergi -- it's an open space co-working space |
![]() |
| Ekologi |
![]() |
| the interior of Ekologi from the co-working space upstairs |
![]() |
| the backyard of Ekologi |
![]() |
| a different ambient at Estuary |
After the café-hopping we had lunch and carried on with our mission. But on the way to the train station we stopped by at a newly-renovated traditional market of Kranggan at Jl. Diponegoro, and took a visit for the research. Behind the market was Klenteng Tridharma (Tjen Ling Kiong Vihara), a worship house for Confucians, at Jl. Poncowinatan. We had a look inside and took some pics there.
![]() |
| our humble yet yummy lunch |
![]() |
| in front of Pasar Kranggan |
![]() |
| I think the colours they use are really attractive |
![]() |
| the Confucian temple behind the market |
![]() |
| I think this is the first time I entered such temple |
We carried on and arrived at Tugu Station to get some info about the commuter schedule and stuff, then we went to Beringharjo Market at Jl. Malioboro. This was the first time that I went to the back side of the market, where they sell fresh produces from the farm. I usually go come from the front door where they sell mostly batik clothes and souvenirs. It's just interesting to see the other side of the market.
We finished before sunset so we decided that it was a good time to go South and visit the Parangkusumo Beach. I haven't been there, as often as I visited Yogya, so I said why not. Within an hour we arrived at Parangkusumo, just in time for the sunset, only that the sun wasn't visible for it was heavily cloudy. It could be raining sometime soon, but we managed to chill for another 30-minutes after that just to sit and drink coffee in a nearby warung.
On the way back we took another route so we could have sate dinner at Pasar Desa Wonokromo at Bantul area to have this famous sate klathak. It's called klathak because the (goat) meat is skewed to the bike spokes and it sounds like klathak when get in touch with the fire. We also have tongseng which I adore for the thick and spicy coconut milk soup.
![]() |
| look at the open 'kitchen'! |
![]() |
| I know it looks greasy and filthy but I must assure you the sate tastes so good |
![]() |
| they still use charcoal to cook |
![]() |
| sate klatak and tongseng soup |
We arrived at the hotel before 8 p.m. and had a night meeting regarding the schedule for the next day at the hotel's restaurant. Meanwhile I asked one of my readers that I've been corresponding to come, and she did come at around 9 p.m. by her bike. I've been a fan of her works, she's a graphic designer and owner of Lakuiki notebooks. And I think we share similar interest on spirituality, and spent the night sharing stories.
![]() |
| Thank you for coming over, En! |
Move on to the last day's here.





















0 comments