Tori The Crosser
13:52| me and the classic bike |
Well who would've thought I'd become a moto-crosser? It had never occurred to me before, but yesterday the Universe gave me a chance to get on the classic trail bike Suzuki TS-125 that belonged to my neighbor. I have a feeling that this will go a long way, starting with a simple ride around the block yesterday.
Perhaps it's quite shocking for people to see me on the bike, but actually I've been riding motorcycle since I was 17 years old. My dad bought a Honda Supra for my brother in 1997 and I rode it around Bandung by myself. Then I fell several times from the bike, and got a little trauma for riding it. I moved to Jakarta for university, and never rode motorbike again.
When I moved to Bali in 2012, I had no choice but to ride again. The company I applied as personal assistant position wouldn't hire me if I couldn't ride. So I learned to ride again, and this time with the cute Yamaha Fino that had accompanied me touring around the island for 2 years. I had to let him go anyway, since I was moving back to Jakarta. Then, I have been absent from riding bike for 6 years now.
Yesterday, another chance came knocking on my door. This time I had to step up the game and ride the classic 2-stroke engine motorbike. I had always feared this tall, masculine bike. But that's exactly the idea that my friends here asked me to tell people: that this bike is friendly for girls too. As long as you would want to take good care of it (and lubricate the machine too!) it'll stay with you for more than 30 years (this one's that old!) and adds +50 points to your style too!
Anyway, check the trailer and video here:




0 comments