Cold War in the Class
20:25How difficult it is to be a human? How many rules we have to obey in life? I found this kind of difficult to live in my neighborhood. I have some friends who have some issues. Actually everybody have issue, including me. But this time is the peak of all the entire 3.5 years of friendship we have.
My classmates are kind of troubled persons. We have some ridiculous periodical ritual. We tend to inclusive one of us for some time due no reason. This is funny and so childish, but this is us. I’ve had my own time being the inclusive member but I never took it too personal or too much to think about.
Now they are at their peak. I try to be in neutral position because they are all my friends after all. Now I have to think and act maturely. The class has turned into 2 groups. The one don’t like to be talked behind and the other one is the one who always find trouble for herself (of course in every war there’s always 1 person with special intention in each side and people who are in their party are influenced by their thoughts)
So I take one lesson here. That to live in small town like this we have to keep our mouth and not to speak about other people. But it’s kind of hard to hold our passion to gossip or comment. Well, hard doesn’t mean it can not be done. And we have to not putting our nose to neighbor’s cook. It’s like getting involved to people’s problem and it’s so not to be done here.
People are sometimes too busy commenting about others they forget about their own appearance in other’s eyes. They forget to look into themselves in the mirror and this is the bait to another commenting. Well it just looks so hard to live in my neighborhood.
I tried to investigate to the very root of all this weirdness. I bet there are no other classes like ours in any side of the world. When I figured this out, it all came with the ‘wrong’ perception from one of us. She tends to get all things as competition, she has fights uselessly for unimportant things she calls battle field. I mean, it is normal to do our projects the best. But I made my own projects in my best and not to be the best in class. When there’s ambition, anything can rule and evil comes. But she does all the projects with spirit to win the competitions. The result, she disappointed for not becoming number one.
This triggers her ego and this little disappointment has turned over to jealousy and this isn’t healthy, I’ve felt this awkwardness from years ago but I kept it for myself and my best friend. We never confronted her because it’s gonna be useless to tell a wall about its niche in one side. She is a bit stubborn, FYI.
But now she has made some problem with another girl who is frank to tell people and not gonna think twice to confront anyone who messes with her. So then the war begins, the water in the kettle is boiling.
Why being so childish about all this? To smile every time the other is wounded or to talk about other’s without knowing the truth is a very contemptible thing one can do, especially to friends they have known and be together in the same class the last whole 2.5 years.
At first all I did was just smiling when one side complaining about the other. But this can’t take too long, something hotter is coming however. Now we all have to make move and the first side had invited us all to a gathering next week. The other side had told their (I mean, she and her party) grudges to the other side.
I told them that this class is not a battle field or beauty pageant competition. We aren’t rivals, we are all friends. So why not to care more about other’s goodness and care less about their faults. Everyone makes mistakes in their lives, at least once. No people are as holy as God and even saints did sins in their old lives. People have their own issues and they all fight to beat them to be a better person.
So stop exploiting other’s flaws. Check ourselves before try check your neighbor. And put hatred and jealousy and hurt feelings away from us. We wanna make this world a better place to live, not to be more difficult. I think they just have to learn to be mature. And to take note that people are varied from races, religions, characters so with interaction we are all learn to face various kind of people. I hope this class is getting better I’m kind of tired to hear all the grudges every time I meet one of them.




0 comments