Stroke Attack
15:19Pardon my absence for more than a week now, but I've been busy since baby Haydee's birth for visiting the sick mom (but now recovered gradually from the pain of the caesarian stitch) at Limijati Maternity Hospital, having myself sick from some virus that caused me a diarrhea since last Thursday (that just stopped yesterday), and my Dad's stroke attack last Friday night that made all of us shocked and panic.
Due to his hypertension and diabetes, he got the stroke attack at around 10 p.m. and we had him ran to the St. Borromeus Hospital's ER. He got his MRI and City Scan and by 00.00 he entered the Stroke Unit-Intermediate Care, in which we left him for the night. I was so much in shock and terror that night, having myself troubled to sleep, and hurriedly back to the hospital the next morning for Dad's anoinment sacrament.
For the next few days I was busy with family (got Oma, Aunt Dewi, Aunt Magda and Uncle Hari, Uncle Mike, Uncle Pat and Aunt Paula, Uncle Indra, and Aunt Ning came, beside Aunt Ellen who was already there when he just got the attack) and friends (I just can't mention them one by one here for they were so many!) and got myself a ride to Jakarta with my siblings for an interview on Monday.
I went back to the hospital by 7 p.m. Monday night, having Livia visiting, then went home for a rest. The day after, I met Ester and Boyang who were there for their first daughter who has pneumonia due to the amniotic fluid went into her lungs since the first time she ever brought in to life.
It was horrible to see such tiny, fragile, blue baby suffers from the transparent plastic hoses that get inside her weak body, with her eyes kept shut with bandage to keep them from the ultraviolet radiation from the incubator's light and voice detained from the hose that gets in through her throat. It is such a horrible thing to witness, especially to both parents who not yet have the chance to carry the baby.
So, after a 12-hours stay at the hospital for my turn of waiting (accompanied by Bob Mitchell's Match Made in Heaven that had finished now and Ara for my bed mate and finally a baked cheesy freezy at Warung Pasta for my solo lunch), I am now back at home, having only 3 hours to take shower, freshen up, wash the laundry, and report this to you guys.
It is indeed such an exhausting experience, having all of these sickness on and around me, but I believe God always have something big behind all this. I know He want to declare His glory and want us to have a blessed and meaningful Christmas this year. So for all of those who suffer the similar sickness/tragedy with what I'm dealing with now, don't lose hope, keep your faith and simply love. For what's most important is love. God bless and love you all!




0 comments