I'm Back!
13:38Due to my recent probs and businesses, I got no time to keep this blog updated. Sorry for that but I'm trying my best to keep in touch. I dunno when it really started but I hadn't been myself lately. I guess it was because of the stress in the family and work that I seldom have fun, the thing I need the most in my life. Or perhaps because of the wrong people I've been keeping up with.. sometimes it influence the way of thinking and mood and aura.
[Cheryl, me and Gabby--new best friends]
So when last night friends of Ara called me to go, I thought, why not? So I rolled my silver Jazz to Warung Pasta where Gabby and Cheryl had already waited for me and we had a great girl talk session with baked pasta and when it was going to close, we moved to Ciwalk for more fun.
We had two-hours of karaoke at NAV, just the three of us, singing all genres of music from pop to rock, from hip-hop to alternative, from jazz to dangdut!!! I had such fun last night, excitement washed over me and an enlightenment came to me.. that I really wasn't being me for the last several months... or even years!
I just realized that I had a very seldom fun that I became such a boring person, a pessimist who was being too serious with her life. I realized that all these years I've becoming more a phlegmatic person than a sanguine, which was the 'real' me. I had been keeping myself away from people and fun and my own true character. And last night, I came back.
I had stopped going out till late in Bandung since I didn't really like the people I had been hanging out with, plus a restriction from ex-boyfriend about going out. I had stopped seeing people I like since I hang with more serious and 'homey' people. I had stopped singing since a friend told me that my voice was ugly and she always criticized me. I had stopped being myself since I start listening to people!
So when the heat was getting up and the music was banging out loud, I slowly came back to who I am. This was the person I had been whenever I hang out with Joey, Alex and Yodi in Jakarta or only with Rachelle in Bandung. This was the Victoria that I love, that I had been longing for for years that had been kept away, buried inside some years ago when things got more complicated in my life.
I had missed this side of Victoria, this part of me that keeps me whole and complete. And last night when I found all of the scattered pieces back, I made an oath to myself. That I will never ever listen to other people again telling me what to do or not to do, and I won't let them interfere again with my life because this is mine, and I am the one who's playing it and making rules in it. And I p
pledge now to myself, that I will always be me, the best of it. ^_^
I hope all of you had found your 'true' selves too! My prayers are with you.





0 comments