Commitment and Marriage
00:48via fanpop
I just got home from PVJ, watching movie Sex and the City 2 at Blitz Megaplex with Cheryl, Rachelle, Hanum, Livia, Kent, Sherly, Marina and Breh. After the movie we had dinner at Sushi Groove till 11 p.m. and I went to see Ara for a glimpse at his hang out spot. But now I'm gonna talk about how I love the movie!!
First, of course, because of the wardrobe, then because of the scene--they're on vacation in Abu Dhabi--but what I love the most (for present time) is the story about Carrie there. They're talking no longer about mere sex but more about marriage. And that's exactly what I need to know now. That one scene when Carrie meeting Aidan made me think a lot about my own life story at the present time.
I had people who played huge roles during my 'fun time', adolescent years. I had friends and stories and my own seasons in the sun back then. But now that I'm getting serious with my guy I have to change and adapt. Not that I'm changing myself, but my purpose, habit, and priorities. Getting married isn't just about the wedding party but it's about two different people--no matter how similar or match they are--being together as one.
It used to sound so simple for me, but now I know how complicated it really is. About understanding, not just tolerating. About loving and not judging. About forgiveness and trust. About commitment. And the last is the hardest for me to do. But I'm dealing with it and trying to make it happen. Cuz my life isn't gonna be in 20s all the time. I'm gonna turn 30, 40.. and if I'm lucky, 80. And those years are talking about more responsibilities and growing up and wisdom. And I need to get all of them starting now.
So I'm deciding now; to take more responsibilities in my actions and to think twice before satisfying my own youth desire that now I have someone to think about. My life will be us, not me anymore. And that's a hard work I have to maintain, because somewhere along the way, one have to decide this huge destination and decision and mine starts now. And I'm glad it is.




0 comments