Post-Midnight Chat
21:15People keep reminding me that I have so many close friends. I am fully aware of and thankful of that. But among the thousands of them, some stay in my heart a little closer, and one of them is Joey Jovan. He happened to be in Bali and called me just after midnight last night and he asked for a meeting because all of his friends were going to club and he didn't feel like it (he never does).
So I got him picked me up and we had long conversation at Chat Cafe in Jl. Kunti until 5 am., just like in old times when I stayed in Jakarta. Joey had always pick me up after dinner (or supper) time and brought me back home after sunrise. Like always, I had a very delightful time with him, talking about all things, from latest news around our friends to business to spirituality--I can talk about everything with this guy.
Joey reminded me last night to believe in what I am doing. It's the key to make things happen. He also supports me on my projects and my writing. Sometimes it needs two or more people to say the same thing to me that my brain can actually work the way I want it to, so I take Joey's advice as one of the trigger I need to go forward. He also reminded me about some other things, to be on my track despite what people say. Like Alex Samosir, I always strongly believe that Joey is also my soul mate.
I just simply happy because Joey's visit really made my day (night, actually) because it had been almost two years since we last had this kind of conversation and I've missed him. It was on his last night that he got the chance to meet me and I am so glad he did call. Friends are so important to me because I learn so many things thru their eyes and experiences. And to have a friend like Joey is such a blessing to me. Thank you, God!




0 comments