DIY: Vintage-Looking Lamp Shade

17:32


I couldn't help to buy this purple lamp shade the first time I spotted it in Centro Dept Store. Too bad the shade didn't come with anything else but the armature and green cable. So I asked a hammersmith to make something to hold the shade and it came out as a pretty curvy iron cast painted in white. I also asked him to make small chains to hold the shade.


The green cable for the lamp bulb came without a plug so I had to buy a white plug and be an electrician for a moment. I cut the cord case and coil the brass fibers around each of the steel blunt nails on the plug and cover them back up. After the bulb was perfectly installed, I twisted the green cable around the white iron and plug it in and, voila, my pretty purple vintage bedside lamp!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)