New Biker in Town
00:02[me, Zora, Ana, Angel, Hizkia and Loren at Potato Head]
My cousins Angelika and Loren had already back to their home in Jakarta. That left me here with Hizkia and his girlfriend Saphira, who came the day Angel and Loren went home. We spent these last days together and also with my kost neighbors: Ana, Risty, Baim and Zora. But what most fun was that I got a new ride.
[silver Polygon Urbano 3.0 Shimano Tourney 6 speed]
I found this folding bicycle at Rodalink store at Jl. Teuku Umar and fell in love with this Polygon Urbano 3.0 since the first sight. It has some plus points than the other folding bikes I saw before: it's pretty easy to fold and unfold (see the video below), pretty light for me to carry up and down the stairs by myself (my room is at second floor and I park it in my room) and looks pretty nice with me on it, tho not as lovely as a Brompton*. And the color is silver, which I much prefer.
[super light white flower Limar 535 helmet for women]
I tried riding on it in the store and I apparently needed some time to adapt with biking again since maybe almost two decades (I almost never touched any bicycle since living in Bandung) so I brought it to Sanur and had some fun pedaling by the shore. Sanur is really a great place for cycling while in my area (Kerobokan) is pretty much crowded and the roads are very much uncomfortable because there are no sidewalks (the roads end straight to gutters at each side) and other vehicles are mostly speeding up in here.
[watching sunset at Umalas]
via instagram
Anyway, I am legally entering the commuter world now, in disguise on trying to burn more calories everyday rather than sitting sweetly on the scooter to get me anywhere. I really need to work out and I hope this new ride would help me get fitter. Thankfully I live in Bali, where pollution and traffic are less hectic than in Jakarta or Bandung--oh, I'm contributing on polluting less now by biking. Thank God for this bike, I'm superlovin' it!
*) Brompton is agreed to be the best folding bike in the world.








0 comments