My 31st Birthday
22:10| opera cake by Dapur Cokelat from Aunt Dewi |
March is ending now and I haven't posted about my birthday yet. So this year I am turning 31 and I can say, birthday couldn't be better! It keeps getting fun since I moved to Bali in 2012 and I've been having so much fun each year. If I look back to where it was, I had never been so happy and thrilled for my birthdays except for the past 3 years. And I'm really thankful for the blessings.
![]() |
| notes from Goldi and her mom |
| coin purse and book from my sister |
![]() |
| handmade accessories by Analogue from Ana |
| vintage birthday costume from Mom |
So this year I got an Opera birthday cake from Aunt Dewi; a black sleeveless shirt and notes from Goldi and Aunt Siska; a Pocée coin purse and Elizabeth Gilbert's "The Signature of All Things" from my sister; a vintage blue blouse and black floral skirt from Mom; and a pair of necklace and bracelet from Ana. I found them all so pretty and loving each one of them.
| birthday dinner at Bluegrass |
As for my birthday dinner celebration, my family took me to Bluegrass Bar & Grill, a fine dining restaurant at Bakrie Tower, Kuningan. We all fell in love immediately to the interior design, the lighting, the homy ambiance, the food and the wide pavement in front of the venue. We had a nice family bonding moment there last Saturday night.
| birthday dinner at Bluegrass |
But the biggest birthday present I got this year, as you might have predicted, is my book. Gerbang Nuswantara was released at all Gramedia bookstores on March 23rd. I get many and great feedback from family and friends and all the colleagues in social media. Some informed me about what they thought about the book already. It keeps me smiling just to know that they're having fun reading it.
If they say life begins at 31 (or some other numbers as you like), it isn't really "begins" that way but 31 is indeed the age that I start to gain from all of the pain I've been thru the first 30 years of my life. So, yes. I am having the best birthday festive this year and I know, next year will even be more superb! Thank you, Universe!






0 comments