True Friends Remain
00:39![]() |
| via pinimg |
So I met Alexis Pompink (an architect) and his wife Winny (an interior designer) today and chill at Starbucks Food Hall. Winny was doing her job at a table with her laptop while Pompink and I talked. We used to have this hours of talking and it was always the great, constructing, mindful talk as it was today. So we shared our lives for the past 1-2 years that we lost from each other.
To my surprise, Pompink told me he was kind of jealous at me. This is something new. I mean, look at him, already married at his own expense (which could be considered one of the indicators of being success here in Indonesia) and doing all his job under his own company's name, etc. While I am still single, still living at my Mom's house and do not have anything valuable whatsoever to be boasted about.
![]() |
| via pinimg |
I was touched. Seriously. This was one of the best things people ever said to me--to see the unseen kindness and listen the unspoken words. I had never seen my dedication to my family as something to be proud of, but my now-married friend just reminds me of how valuable the family bond is. He sees it as something instead of nothing.
I guess my perspective on life is changed once again. And I'm thankful for having such a great friend as Pompink. And tho we don't stay in touch constantly, I know he's one of the best friends I can always count on. I'm so happy for this revelation and for meeting Pompink and his wife today. Thank God!
(;






0 comments