Very Late Post Of Soundrenaline 2016

16:31

the main gate

It's been almost two months and I didn't have time to write about this before but yes, I went to Soundrenaline 2016 this year. It was on September 3-4 at GWK and I got my 2-days ticket from a friend. I went with my vlogger friend Adit Comma on the first day and he made a vlog about that day you can watch below (I appeared there on minute 9:58 onward):



But tho I came with Adit, we went separate ways that I was watching the bands all by myself for hours. I saw Shaggydog at Louder Than Ever stage, RAN and Naif at A stage, Stars & Rabbits at the Avolution stage, and back to Maliq & D'Essentials at A stage. I met several other friends at the gig (Chika, Willy and Hans Aditya), although there were more who said they were also attending but I didn't get meet. The venue was too packed, although there were 4 different stages!

Jarwo Naif

David Naif (this shirtless act made so many girls went crazy)

I was so lucky to get this guitar pick that Jarwo Naif threw out at the end of Naif performance!

Stars & Rabbit

Kalula and Andi /rif

I couldn't afford being in the crowd too much I finally went to the Go Ahead stage below, just in time for Soundrenaline Project featuring Andi /rif, Kalula and Kikan singing. The crowd was getting crazier as Temper Trap was performing that night, but we called it a day and we (Adit and me) decided to go home as the band was starting their gig. It was the right decision, however, because my other friends who stayed till the end was stuck until 4 a.m. to get home!

Base Jam Reunion--our pop hero in the '90s

I came again the next day, just in time for Base Jam Reunion who played at the Avolution stage. I met a friend, Hans Aditya, again and we headed to see Efek Rumah Kaca performing at Go Ahead stage below. Then we headed up to Louder Than Ever stage to watch /rif, some other local bands, and then spent more time at the Go Ahead stage with Tulus, Kahitna and finally Bloc Party performing.

Efek Rumah Kaca

I didn't get to watch Simple Plan, the main guest star for the second day. I was already too tired but felt happy anyway for I met more friends there: David, Egi, Jojo, Rama, Ratu and Ical (who were actually working at the event). The whole 2-days gig was the longest music concert I've ever been (I don't remember about the 2012 Java Jazz but I guess I went only 1 day there) and also the best one because I like most of the line up (viva la '90s!). I dunno if I'd want to go to another 2-days gig it's too exhausting. But I'm so up for more live music concerts! Yay!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)