To Change Or Not To Change?

23:39


I was talking to my best friend last Monday (after like months) and this time, our theme was 'change'. As a Sagittarian, she loves being in her skin so much and simply believes that people don't change. But as life happened, she started to question the statement. Being 32 now, she has now changed and see that people actually do change, whether if they want to or (in most case) if they have to.

I have a Sagittarian aunt and she, too, believes that people don't change. Whenever she had a chance to do so, she refused and chose to stay the same. Now that she is above 50 and she had not changed so much since she was in her youth made her certain that people don't (just) change (which assured me that Sagittarians don't like/want to change.) But clearly, my dear friend just proved that people can change.

I'll explain this a bit: (most) Sagittarians are not really considerate people and all they like/want is to have fun. But now, circumstances had crushed my friend's little bubbly world and had reshaped her into a new person: she is now more aware of the things that happened around her and far more considerate than ever (I have known her for almost 15 years now, so I know.)

As she has been too comfortable of being herself for over 30 years now, the change had made her feel uncomfortable. It's like having a new personality and she misses her old self. She was questioning herself: Have I pushed myself too far? She knows the changes have made her a better person. But is this for real? Should she wear this 'new personality' for good?

I think I've changed way too many times now (if you've read this blog since 2005 then you know how much changed I am.) I was a weak person then and life happened and here I am: standing strong on my own built ground and let no one telling me I can't. I know where I am going, I know my virtues and strength, and I don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. But my journey wasn't smooth and easy. It demanded tears, sweat, and blood (to be a bit hyperbolic.) And it required a determination of a student to learn and cope with the lessons from the Universe. I am willing to thrive, so I am willing to change.

So if you are dealing with so much pain that pushes you to your edges, and requires you to change, just do it. Because life is all about learning and paying karma, and we need to change to get to the next level (to stop the same situation from happening again and again.) If you keep dealing with the same situation, only perhaps in different cases, it means that there is something that you need to learn from the situation and need you to change in order to accomplish it, so you can move on.

I really don't know how many times I had changed. The 'change' here means the way I see the world/situation/case, how I deal with things/people, how I see myself. I don't change my character -- I enhanced it instead, I make myself stronger yet still gentle. I don't change the goodness in me, I don't get bitter; I just add wisdom and patience to it. I think it's some of the lessons we need to learn in this life.

I remember the first time I had to change (mostly involving love and current partner) and I strived so much to get through it but eventually I thrived. I didn't recognize myself at first and it felt weird to be the 'new' me, but I got used to it and I feel better. After that, the changes get easier. Each time, I just have to accept the situation, accept the way I am, and surrender to the Higher Force and go with the flow. Sometimes, I insisted to stay on my ground, but I know that in time I have to take the leap to get to the higher level.

Change is not an easy thing. I don't know if you understand what I'm saying (if you don't, ask me) but I know, everybody will need to change at some point of his/her life. And I know that I have to change again some time soon, perhaps sooner than I thought. It scares the hell out of me too, but my faith is larger than that. Let's see if we (you and I, and everybody else) can get thru this. I know we can. Because as they said: every next level of your life will demand a different you. And the only way to get there is by the change.

The only way to accept new things is by emptying your cup, let things go (read my new article here) and the only way to go higher is by learning new things. It works the same with your study or career, and so does it with your life. So don't be afraid. Embrace your fear and anxiety and just believe that everything will be okay. You'll survive this, and the only thing you'll lose is the unnecessary baggage that you need to leave behind. And be ready to get renewed: not as a different person, but a better version of yourself. Are you in for this?


Image via twimg.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)