The Capoeira
22:54I just joined this Brazilian martial art just today. Luppi wanted to join and she asked me too. So I said yes and we came to the campus by 6 p.m. There we saw people in whites moving like dancing with the rhythm of the drum. It’s just like in Tekken video game, the martial art Eddie using. Or like in other movies I watched, it was beautiful and looked difficult.
I and Luppi then changed clothes and the practice began. They have a unique greeting and always start everything with prayer. They taught us the basic style of caddera and ginga and hole and others. It looked difficult at first but they taught us step by step so it was much easier to follow up.
I start to fall in love with this stuff. You know I joined Tae Kwon Do more than 15 years ago when I was only 7-8. I had to quit becuz we moved to Bandung. And you know that I love dancing. Any form of dancing, from waltz to salsa, from jive to break dance. And I watch any dance movie Hollywood ever produced. It’s just the chance I don’t have all this time to do one.
I hope I can do this for a long term, since this is the only martial art I join and the only active sport I have. I don’t think jogging, aerobic and yoga included to active sports. I mean, the three sports I said was to defeat ourselves. But in capoeira, we do this in solo, duet and in group.
This is fun. Here I get new activity, new knowledge and experience, new people to know and new spirit for life. Btw, “Capoeira” is a lively Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and music with fighting techniques. Capoeira is a fun and exciting sport. It is a mixture of body and soul, fighting and dancing, of music instruments and voice requiring the use of mental physical and emotional agility. The emphasis is not on how well you sing or perform but on how much energy you commit to trying.





0 comments