Blessing
13:54I was having an unpleasant day in the office yesterday cuz except that yesterday was my off-Saturday turn, I and colleagues were having issue with our employer. I avoided her by going to one of our site project at Hampton's Park, in Terogong, South Jakarta.
Anyway, we stopped by D'Best Fatmawati after work and planned to eat at KFC, but Mum called and said that I was being waited at my aunt's place so I took a 610 Metromini to get there. I sat next to a 30-something lady with her 2-years old boy. She smiled so sincere at me, so I chose to sit next to her.
Not a minute after I sat down she apologized her loud boy who was imitating the sound of the bus engine. I said it was alright. Then she started telling me her story, that this was her 4th day in Jakarta searching for a relative in the huge area of Cilandak but found none. She decided to go back to her village in Sumedang after she ran out of money.
I gave her some amount once I know that she has nothing left and her boy haven't got fed all day. She thanked me and she cried, perhaps touched because she'd been so miserable for Jakarta is a quite 'cruel' city for villagers. She found it that Jakarta isn't really cooperative yet friendly to her for the last 4 days.
She said that she was just praying to Allah (she's a Moslem) that she believed that however difficult it is, God will help her. And she was right; God helped her through me. I said to her, that God is really good, He won't let us be abandoned and left behind.
She thanked me so much that she started to cry again, and she offered me taro she sowed, but I said, no, Ma'am, you can save it for people who need it, you needn't to repay me anything. So instead she invited me to come to her village, she said I could just take a bus from Block M Terminal but I forgot the destination; I only recognized 'Sumedang' and she told me to find Cibungur village, to ask people for Ibu Ida who sow taro (talas). People would know her, she said.
When I said that I'd go down on the next stop, she said a prayer to me, and I felt so good. I knew that I got in the bus not accidentally but by God's plan. I knew that not only I who was sent to help her, but also she passed by in my life to make my day better, to upgrade my mood. Suddenly I forgot all the worries and bad mood and all the issues I was having with the boss. Suddenly I felt refreshed and so happy. Even the pengamen (singers) who got in the bus were fun and kind although their faces were scary. I gave them some change I kept and the whole bus passengers felt so friendly to me.
When I got in to my aunt's place, my family were wondering whether I was just got a boyfriend or something for my face was lightened and I couldn't put the smile off. I just said to my granny that I just got a blessing and mum agreed; she said that when we give, we take. We can give material thing and they can't repay us the same amount, but their thankness, grateness and prayers give us something bigger and more important that touch our humanity side.
I'm glad that I still get the chance of travelling by bus. Andy said it's much more 'merakyat' (civilized) and one of the reminders that there are people below us, that we should never boast our position or belongings, that the life is circling and someday the ones in below will somehow climb up, that nothing in this world is truly ours. Andy is right; travelling by bus will always remind us the importance of being mankinds and therefore, make us say our grace to God more often.





0 comments