Not Going Back

00:20

 [me and Cheryl]

I've been in Jakarta a month full now, enjoying meeting up with best friends Rachelle, Cheryl, Alexandre, Alex Samosir and few others. I went to Solo and Purwokerto for few days also, but I didn't touch Bandung. It might sound weird for you, knowing that I've been living in that city for about 20 years and it's only 2 hours away from where I'm staying now.

Maybe I've had enough with the city. I had to wait for 20 years to get completely out of there and now that Mom had moved to Tangerang, I'm not going back. I am still in touch with my friends there, but only by messages. I know I have to visit them for their second child's birth, for keeping up with recent stories, for whatever it needed between friends. But I don't.

And there are old friends who are in Jakarta, too, but I don't keep up with. They already have husbands and babies, and I don't think spending time with them would give me any benefit at all. I don't like babies and I much prefer talks about art, ideas and big discussions than family problems--which my old friends never interested about.

I know I sound a little too cold about this, but I also have projects and meetings to be done here and I don't like going to Bandung on weekends due to traffic jams. Maybe these are just my alibis, but I really don't feel like going 'back' there. Even that I had sweet memories, too, things had changed. The people I knew would change, too, and sometimes things are best kept just as memories. I'm not reliving it.

I hope you forgive me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)