Above All

22:51


Last Thursday I met my longest best friend, Alex Samosir. He had time for me between his busy job so I drove to Town Square to meet him there at around 5 p.m. We met at Starbucks where he introduced me to a business acquaintance but it kinda surprised me as he mentioned me as "this girl is more than anything else". I told her he was exaggerating. He said he wasn't.

We then had dinner at Malay Village after she left. We talked about a lot of things and he, again, said that I am one of a few people that had helped him on becoming who he is now. I told him I did nothing. He said I didn't have to. The important thing is that I still wants to be his friend since 1994. It was 19 years ago. I can say he's my longest best friend and vice versa.

He said the way I shared stories with him had formed a certain way of thinking, which he said to be cool enough. He said he cherishes the friendship and companionship along the way till now we are standing on our own paths, although our hands no longer holding each other but still have a glance to each other. I think, this is how best friends do in life. We walk our own ways but still be in touch.

I had never thought that what I did had so much impact on people's life. I just do what my heart tells me to. I befriends with whoever needing it. I share anything with anyone who wants to listen. And see now, an Indonesian director for one of a multinational vehicle company just told me he wouldn't be there now without me. What an appreciation that I had just received!

Sometimes we are below, sometimes we are above. Who knew a skinny boy who lived in a quite slum area almost 20 years ago could climb his way up and become a director of a big company today? We would never know that. What we have to bear in mind is to do good to everybody, no matter how small they are. You would never know what they would turn to in the future!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)