A Story Of Me

23:04

via dixielandcarnival

I don't know how to post this, but I really think I need to. A friend promised me a short story for my birthday gift and last Tuesday he really gave it. On his blog. The title was Lima Hari Di Pasar Malam (Five Days in Night Fair). I do not have a right to copy paste it here, but short story shortened, it's about how he describes the stuff inside my head as a fair. A carnival. How fun is it!?

Well, the fair was forbidden for those who don't own a ticket, and in the story, he doesn't have it. So I guess he thinks I'm such an introvert person to him. I didn't see this coming, tho. Both the story of carnival and how he thinks of me. But it's nice to read something about ourselves from a such thoughtful person (borrowing my sister's phrase).

By the way, his name is Andi Fachri. He is a friend I met in Bali who moved back to Jakarta shortly before I did. We had fun 'coffee talks with stranger' (as he referred it), but apparently not enough to buy him a ticket to the night carnival. Shame on me, but maybe I'll work on it on our next coffee time.

It's just lovely. Thank you.
The nicest 30th birthday gift one will ever receive indeed.
;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)