Malaikat Lereng Tidar

23:57


After Parijs Van Java (2005), I bought Remy Sylado's newest book, Malaikat Lereng Tidar. I don't feel I could copy his way of telling things for my own writing reference, but it's his uniqueness and I love reading his book for he always use rare words I never knew existed before and the rich information in all his writings. He is the master of authoring a full-research fiction novel based on Indonesian history. One of his books, Ca Bau Kan, was already on screen on 2002.

I met Oom Remy in person years ago, on 2003, when I was interested on theatrical play, directed by him. He is a very typical Holland-Manado guy with all white outfit up to belt and shoes. My parents knew him first from the church then I started to follow his theater activities for some time before I enter the interior design major in Bandung. I hope I could have another chance to meet him to discuss even much more interesting stuff about art, play and writings. He is one of Indonesia's greatest artists and I'm glad to both know him and read his pieces.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)