Mid-Year Yogya Trip
22:53![]() |
| Ngobaran Beach, South Yogyakarta |
I went to Yogyakarta (again!) last week with Timen Cheryl and other friends for some project we're working on. It was a 16-hours road trip from Jakarta-Yogya (we stopped for meals and quick breaks) and another 12-hours trip from Yogya-Serpong. We stayed over for 2 days and went around the keraton city and got many new experiences and made new friends during the trip.
![]() |
| Rei "Wilson" grey |
I specially bought a pair of trekking shoes for this trip after just a night of quick online research. Luckily my cousin Ray who loves to mountain-trekking showed me the cheapest (and pretty much a complete) store in town for trekking equipments at Outdoor Station, between Mayestik and Taman Puring markets, South Jakarta. I got this beautiful pair for IDR 595,000 (about USD 50.9) and very happy about it. It's all comfortable, good-looking and not so expensive. Both of this brand and shop are highly recommended!
![]() |
| me and Timen |
I came home from Yogyakarta at 10.30 a.m. on election day (July 9), had some breakfast and took a shower, then went on voting at 1 p.m. After that I had a full day with family, with all aunts and cousins: lunch at Holycow! and chilled at Mall @ Alam Sutera. I was exhausted but happy all the same. It all really worth the energy.
![]() |
| Rachelle, me and Angelika |
Yesterday, I met Rachelle for some catch up at Gandaria City--went there with my family and cousin Angel then she joined us. It had been more than 8 months since the last time I met Cheryl and about 3-4 months with Rachelle, so I feel so happy this week for meeting them both, tho in different occasions. It was a really fun shopping and chatting time for us. We chilled at the mall till 10 p.m.!
![]() |
| me at Ngobaran Beach |
After all this time, I know that these two are my best friends who'll stay the same tho we're apart for some time. For the past month, I've met 3 of my best friends (met Julie last month in Yogya) and tho there were some reductions in the number of friends since the beginning of this year, at least I know now who my real friends are and who are the fake ones. I really am happy and feel blessed. Matur nuwun!










0 comments