The Friendly Faces
00:32![]() |
| Arie, Alvin, Robby, Hendra, Arief, Beatrix, (Melissa & Dewi), Yune, me, Delta and Ernest |
I just got back from my 3-nights-holiday in Bandung. I went there last Wednesday with mom and Aunt Agnes then we hung out at Paris Van Java--it was my first after two years--mom met her friends while I roamed about the aisles of the mall with my brother. Many things changed but still the same unique mall that Bandung has.
We stayed in a friend's house in Awiligar, the area I knew so well since 1995. The next morning I woke up too early to meet my ladies, Irma and Esther, at Irma's daughter's school. We chat while having noodle breakfast for two hours until the time Irma had to pick up her daughter. I went back to the guest house for some nap then..
..until it was dinner time and I went out to meet DJ Dixie, DJ Dana and Yudha at Cafe Bali. After dinner and some trip around the city (and some dessert at Nanny's Pavillon), we split up and I went on to Golden Monkey to meet another of my best friend, Patrick, and his friends (more about this later). Paulo Coelho once said: "There's nothing wrong in creating a blacklist with people who put you down. Just don't include people who challenge you" and Patrick is one of a very few persons who always challenge me. That is why I always enjoy talking to him.
The day after, I picked up my sister at Cititrans travel and my brother at his kost. We then had lunch at Pepper (at Jl. Sutami), a new burger parlor belongs to my schoolmate, Adit. After some catch up, we went on to join mom at D'Warung Tabuga, way up from Punclut. Then, we moved again to Miss Bee, a cute place we love both for the architecture-interior design and the food.
Later at night, we went to Nanny's Pavillon (again) for dinner. My mom with her friends; my brother, my sister and my cousin together; then I with my reunited schoolmates from elementary years. It was really fun for us, that some hadn't seen each other for 10-20 years now. There were 12 of us, which supposed to be around 70 of our peers. I went home with Alvin by motorbike that night. It was so chilly I forgot how cold it was in Bandung, at night!
Then today, me and my family had lunch at Traffic on the way back to Jakarta. I didn't know it belongs to Mario, a friend I knew from another friend. Sometimes, especially after you've traveled so far and long in life, all that can simply brighten up your day is some friendly faces and talk about the good old stuff and old times--things that are so familiar that you feel like coming home. Somehow it just relaxes you, despite all the heavy burdens and fast paces of adult life.
So basically my holiday this time was full with old friends--all the friendly faces I needed and wanted to see. I did planned to meet Irma, Esther, Patrick and Alvin this time (and I did met them) but failed to meet Cheryl and Agatha. But there will always be another time for Bandung, right?





0 comments