Let's Get Muay!

01:24

muay thai mitts--essential, but you can just borrow them at the dojo

Muay Thai or Thai Boxing is the national sport and cultural martial art of Thailand. It was developed several hundreds of years ago as a form of close-combat that utilizes the entire body as a weapon (tigermuaythai). Muay means "to bind into rounded form". This physical and mental discipline which includes combat on shins is known as "the art of eight limbs" because it is characterized by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees, shins, being associated with a good physical preparation that makes a full-contact fighter very efficient (wiki).

handwraps--get yourself the elastic one, 4yard long or more

I had never, ever in my life thought of doing muay thai, ever. Yes, I've had tae kwon do and capoeira before. The tae kwon do was the only martial art we had in our house complex when I was in elementary school in Jakarta, back in 1990-1992, and the capoeira I had during my final project in university, in Bandung. I was interested in capoeira mostly because of its smooth, dance-like moves, and would always prefer something more beautiful than any body combat.

me in my Everlast yellow handwrap

But a month ago, I was afternoon jogging with my sister in the house complex and she was interested in visiting the sport club. She had done muay thai before so it wasn't a new thing for her, but for me it was seriously and utterly a new thing. We finally joined the first free trial practice and turned out I enjoyed it! That was what made me come back again, and had been doing this for almost 2 months now--which is a record. So I guess you won't mess with me because I'm getting serious with this here! (;


If you are around BSD City area, join me at Muay Thai Atlantis!
Sport Club Atlantis
De Latinos Complex, Rawa Buntu, BSD City
LINE: yudhistiraboxer - +6281 2855 123 71

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)