Gathering of Buku Kompas Writers
00:47I met a lot of new people today. I was invited to an iftar gathering with other writers of Penulis Buku Kompas. This was the first time I attended a gathering like this, and I had fun there. I came at 5 p.m. where everybody else was already there, especially the editorial staff of my publisher. I met inspiring great people today and I felt so little among them, being one of the youngest there.
During the early dinner I had more conversation (because I sat near him) with this Human Relation Director of PT Indofood, Mr. Josef Bataona. He is a Floresian, which made me more interested in talking with him for he has so much to share, both about his hometown (Lamalera, NTT) and his inspiring life story (which he wrote in a Kisah Rp10.000 Yang Mengubah Hidupku). I was honored to have heard his stories, which should be a treasure.
![]() |
| with Rushdy Hoesein, Imelda Bachtiar, Josef Bataona and Bondan Winarno |
![]() |
| listening to Mr. Rushdy Hoesein's speech |
I was so glad that I could be part of this event, and especially that I have PBK as my publisher. I feel mostly welcomed and important with all the friendly staffs of the editorial, and I learn a lot with them. PBK really support me with my book (which I later found, not all publishers are like this) and myself to thrive more. Thank goodness that Gerbang Nuswantara could be part of the big family!








0 comments