Material Girls

14:46

photo was uploaded from internet

A friend of mine had been asking about one condition happens in Bandung, about girls who are materialistic when they search for a life partner. I thought it was just me who's aware about this stuff. 

But along my study from real life's fact around me both in Jakarta and Bandung, I found that Bandung people are getting married in younger age than they who are in Jakarta. The smaller the city, the younger the age for they to get married.

Other fact, that is more interesting, is that Bandung girls are found more materialistic than bigger city girls. I had been wondering why is it like that, but then my bf and I discussed about it and we concluded that it's because it's weather.

Bandung is one of the most comfortable city to live in, it's so artsy, the weather is cool and has lots of cafes to chill out at. It made us hang out more than people in bigger or hotter city and this, made us automatically a bit lazier.

I studied that most of my friends prefer to work for their dads if their dads have a factory or shop to run for generations. The others prefer to stay in business line, got the skill from their Chinese ancestors. The ones who don't have Chinese blood still do business here, opening clothing lines/distros, restaurants/cafes, event organizers, boutiques, or other small businesses. Only a little of them prefer to work in an office.

Therefore, more people here prefer the easy way to get money (businesses do better than office works) and to marry an eligible rich bachelor is one of the easiest. Not to offend anyone, but this is the fact I found, and blame the weather to make such a tradition/culture here. The positive result is Bandungnese are more fashionable and artsy than Jakartanese, but the negative is that they are more consumptive, more showing off, and that made them more materialistic.

Plus, poeple here tend to be young parents, they'd like to enjoy their old days in peace, therefore they're making kids in their most powerful and spiritful time of their lives, which is between 20-30 years of age. The girls need a richer and more settled men to be a good husband and a proper father of their kids.

Soooo, I consider those things above are the reasons why girls in Bandung are more materialistic than they are in Jakarta. I dunno about other cities out there, but Bandung-Jakarta are the cities I see and experience everyday.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)