Time to 'Be a Man'
09:19Last night I went to fX to attend Jerry's photography expo by British Council. We had a 7 p.m. appointment and he brought two of his friends along and we went to Foodism to have dinner. Not too long after, my beloved girls Nina and Lita came, also with Lita's boyfriend, Oscar. Then, Eka (Sume's friend from the Ogilvy) came to complete the party. It was too bad Sume couldn't join us but I had so much fun laughing.
We finished by 11 p.m. and when I got home, my junior high schoolmate, Dicky, called and told me to open my facebook account immediately, and so I opened it. One of our schoolmate had insulted me by his nasty words and therefore, had declared a war.
He wrote a comment on a photo of me in which I was conversing with schoolmates on our last reunion. It was a casual gathering, casual photo and they'd posted casual comments. But then, suddenly this kid joined up out of nowhere (to be noted: none of my friends can ever remember him as one of our schoolmates. Means: he was nobody back then.)
He typed some words that described instantly how low and dirty and pervert his mind was. He used disrespectful words he addressed to me. I was mad when I first read it. I've been there so many times my whole life and I thought meeting shallow-minded people aren't my thing anymore. I thought I'm done already with those perverts. But I was wrong.
So this kid, from out of nowhere, wrote how he fancied and desired me, sexually, which was irritatingly disturbed me. He had not only insulted me but also degrading himself in public. I think he should really be ashamed of himself, especially when he calls himself a photographer and wanting to call a big reunion (he added himself his intention was to meet white, cute and overripe girls.) Hah!--What a pervert!
I should've get offended by his insult, but all I could feel was sorry for him. I've just met Jerry Aurum, a professional photographer who taught women to love themselves, who respects women as how God created us. Jerry had produced high-quality photoworks from his respectful mind and eyes through the camera on his hands. He creates only beautiful art because that was how he sees women (and so of other objects) and that's why he's adored and loved among women.
I was thinking, like two-three days ago when Jerry gave me a special birthday present and we had a nice conversation about it short after in Cafe Cartel, fX, that every man should think the way Jerry thinks. But I realized that it's rather impossible, remembering what he said about his masterpiece, Femalography: 'men adore it but only women can understand it'. He's right. The way men see beauty of a woman's body is different with how we women see it.
But, it shouldn't really be that different, I thought, since we're now all grown-ups, now in our mid-twenties, I guess it's time for boys to become men (though I believe not all of them can think openly and respectfully about others, and that's why I highly appreciate those who do.) I'm not usually this picky about having friends. I'm more a liberal person and I befriends with anyone. I appreciate and respect people, whoever they are. But this Andy kid, had verified himself indecent for my friendship.
I could've curse him, or ask my Ara to beat him up, or do more nasty things on him. But I think what I really need to do is to pray for him to get mature a little bit. This kid had asked me an apology by saying those words were only a joke. But I'm sorry having to say this, experiences meeting jerks like him in the past had made me know enough how to differentiate a joke with a dirty mind, and we certainly don't joke by saying (sorry) 'horny' or 'overripe' stuff (and if you really do jokes that way, please exclude me from your circle of friends.) He's just putting himself at the lowest point of a real man's pride. I truly feel sorry for his too-narrow-mind and lack of exercise (to see his body shape and how he couldn't resist his hormones drive.)
I'm saying, that every man should respect woman, apart from having her or not, and in a more general way, respect others. That's the most vital thing to gain trust. And that's what makes one a real gentleman. Otherwise, he doesn't deserve to be called a man at all, and in his minor case, to be called a photographer. I dare to guarantee that he won't ever produce artwork as good or beautiful or successful as Jerry's. This kid couldn't (and wouldn't) see the beauty of this life the way it's supposed to be seen.
So, boys, I ask you for one thing here: use your brain, regardless how small it is, but please, do respect it as one of the gift God had given you. It's not about how big your dick is or how many women you had slept with. If that's how you see perfection or achievement in this world, you may only feel ashamed of yourself for you're not going anywhere with that frame of mind. It's not time to act like a boy anymore; it's time to be a man, and that's how you'd gain respect and pride in your life. I know boys will always be boys, but for God's sake, please be wise on choosing when to act childish.





0 comments