Nothing Stays The Same

00:05


I am thinking about my friends a lot, lately. Now that I am back in Bandung, I ought to have more time to meet my girls, but in fact I don't. Maybe because that I am too busy... maybe because we've all changed, without our consciousness...

I am tracing back the moments that should have been the cause. After a while, I thought it was because of my decision on my future husband. Perhaps things were already changing before it, but I guess it was the momentum.

This is quite reasonable, because my ex was someone who is more acceptable in most of people's eyes; from his appearance, his attitude and his job. While my current guy is a more rebellious one, in most part of him.

I thought I was losing my best friend. I thought I'd lost her because of my future plan with my guy; while she is still a single. But then I found that not only that I'll lose her, but also more of my friends. Sooner or later we will all be busy with our own lives, dealing with new stuff, making new friends, bla bla bla... 

For me myself, the change was quite obvious; I quitted my job, went back to Bandung for good, and my schedule isn't gonna be well-organized as it was. A friend asked me to open my eyes wide before making a final decision (of the future husband I chose) before it was too late. I realized in that very second that my life now is pretty much unacceptable for regular people. 

But then again, I am different. I was never part of any group or society anywhere. I make many friends, but none of them truly understand me. But my boyfriend does. That's why I'm sticking with him. Life's gonna change abruptly from now on, giving me many cons out there, but I don't really care. As long as I have him, whatever the world is saying wouldn't be a matter to me.

So I'm prepared now: to lose my friends and make new ones; to miss my old life and be busy with the new one; and to live happily ever after with the man I love. I believe that true friends are never far away, no matter who or what I really am--they just need some fresh air sometimes... Cuz nothing stays the same in this world, but at least friends stay together.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)