Soul Mates

08:45

via tumblr

When I went hang out with Lita yesterday, we discussed about life and its philosophy as usual. Then I told her about this guy I thought "I couldn't lose", and I found this quote on tumblr, and we agreed that there are special someone to everyone.

To me, I have more than few special people to myself. One of them is Lita, of course, who had been my best friend for the last decade. I have quite many best friends around me and for me, Lita is someone I always run to when I'm in the middle of a crisis, or when I'm excited about a guy, or when to discuss a serious matter. She's all I can depend on.

When it comes to art, music and design, I have Rachelle to share my ideas with, who is always supportive to whatever I'm doing. We definitely share the same taste in music, fashion, design, style, hobby, and--what seems like too bizarre--love story. It's funny tho, but we enjoy this a lot. Thankfully, we never set eyes upon the same guy. Lol.

Cheryl and I share more or less the same interest and ideology, and quite the same humor and wit, which are also similar to Rachelle's. Maybe that's what unite the three of us together and made our friendship solid with one another.

The other thing that I discussed with Lita was about this friendship. I told her that among all of my friends, the two latter girls are the ones who are fit in the most with me. Lita couldn't understand what I was talking about, remembering how many other girl friends I have all my life, including my old besties Ester, Irma and Livia.

They are still my best friends and I love them all just the same. It just that things changed, and we all have different destinations and paths now. It's not that I forget about them, and tho I love them all still, we have different "world"--the word I found hard to explain to Lita. Maybe it's more about the soul. I found Rachelle and Cheryl have pretty much similar souls with mine. That's why they're my soul mates--in a way.

But the other thing about soul mate is, of course, to find a life partner. Lita and I agreed, that after some trials and errors, we need someone we can talk to, share with, and rely on--more than what meets the eye. Well, I guess in time we need to lower our standards anyway. Looks aren't the most important anymore, tho for me it's still so hard to deal with.

Of course, meeting my standards is one difficult thing, and I need to deal with the consequences. When I rethink about this, well I have to be agree with Lita and the quote above: if I ever meet a guy who can make me feel comfortable and also reliable, I guess I'd lower my standards too, and would never let him go ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)