Got Robbed!
11:34[my broken trellis]
I had never ever been robbed my whole life, and last week, when I was in Bandung for long weekend holiday, someone broke into my room in Bali and took away my 13" Unibody MacBook. I was very shocked, but thank God that I was surrounded with my family when the incident happened. At least I didn't face the robber(s).
So I got the news on Friday morning, around 6.30 a.m. (GMT +7) from my room owner that my window was opened and the trellis was broken. I was thinking the worst: MacBook, motorbike and DVD player should be gone by then. But the room owner confirmed that I only lose the laptop. Still, it was hard for me because all the data for 4 years was saved there without any backup.
The room owner tried to report the incident to police but was refused because they need the victim to come report. So as soon as I get back to Bali, I went to the police station and enter my report. A police came to the crime scene (which is my room) and made some investigation there. But I don't think it's a proper and standard investigation I could expect a positive result from.
[new reading lamp]
So here's my room, broken into and unsecured. I tried my best to make it better for me to sleep there again last night, after spending the first night back in Bali at Anna's room. I repaired the curtain system (using black plastic to cover the glass and doubled with a piece of large purple scarf) and bought a string of 3 meters long Christmas light for my reading lamp.
I guess it will be better because I don't plan to move out for a while. My crib now is already very nice based on location, facility and price--we only need to enhance the security. Now, I wish for better laptop to replace the robbed one. Cross my fingers!




2 comments