Jakarta for a Glimpse
16:40Nov 1st
I took two days off last week and booked a flight to Jakarta by Sriwijaya Air on Thursday, Nov 1st. I woke up at around 10 a.m. and panicked out when I realized I still have some stuff to do before the flight. I finished my room chores at midday and drove my bike to Denpasar area but then I realized that Pie Susu shop is way too far away so I made a turn and headed to Krisna at Sunset Road instead.
I shopped for stuff to give for my grandma, aunts and cousins, then at 1.30 went to Bintang supermarket. I met Lyssandre, a guy I met just the other night at Halloween party at Hu'u, and we went to Mykonos for lunch. We talked about so many great things until it was 3 p.m. and it was time for me to run my way to the airport.
I had my flight delayed for almost one hour so it was around 6.15 p.m. (GMT +8) that we took off and arrived in Jakarta at around 7 p.m. (GMT +7). I got a friend ready to pick me up so I walked straight to his car and he drove me to Appetite, a cozy small cafe in Jl. Senopati, in which my mother, brother and sister had already waited for me.
So we had dinner and my family was listening to the stories about my life in Bali. It was such an overwhelming feeling to be surrounded by my little family again, with my siblings' eyes very eager to see me and they were excited to hear any stories I told them. They saw some positive changes in me and glad about it. We were there until 11 p.m. that we finally went to aunt's home at Joglo area, and I met my grandma and aunt also, had another chat till around 1-2 a.m.
Nov 2nd
We woke up before 8 a.m. the next day and I went to Pondok Indah area with Mom, meeting my aunts at Aunt Agnes' house. I always feel my aunts as big sisters to me, that I can talk about anything to them and often give advice more than I receive from them. We all went to Lai Ching restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel, also with Raphael, to meet Mr. Andreas.
Apparently Mr. Andreas Surjaputra was a family friend, but they all lost contact with him 27 years ago. Now the chance to meet was here and lots of stories were exchanged. It was a beautiful reunion and we found out that Mr. Andreas' daughter is the owner of Bon Chon Chicken franchise in Indonesia. She is amongst the top 40 Indonesian young entrepreneurs at the age of 23. Such an achievement!
We left the hotel and some of us went to Grand Indonesia. I met Lita, my 8-months pregnant best friend there and we had some coffee at De' Excelso until her husband, Oscar, arrived and took her for dinner. I waited for Adhe, friend of Ryan, to come see me and he did at around 8 p.m., took me to dinner at Y&Y until Ryan and his girlfriend came.
My aunt said there was some cases going on with taxis in Jakarta, so we need to be extra careful. I forgot that the metropolitan city isn't as safe as in Bali and I wore quite an open outfit so Adhe offered to accompany me home. We took Transcab taxi after waiting for 20 minutes for proper ones. I reached my other aunt's home at Cipete area at 11 p.m., surprised again at how busy Jakarta traffic was, even at night.
Nov 3rd
The next day started much earlier. Mom and I was ready at 7.30 a.m. and we headed to Rawamangun area for Anna's holy matrimony. I was supposed to bring the offerings but I came so late we ended up at Tanjung Priok area and when we went back we were stuck at Pulo Gadung because of the road construction. We made it by the time of communion and met some of Dad's family there.
We moved to Golden Leaf restaurant in Kelapa Gading. We met Mom's sisters and also Oma and Angelika there, and had the round table lunch, about 10 menus to finish off, including the black pepper venison. It was a really nice small wedding, tho I don't know most of the guests, but to see my dearest sweet cousin get married to a decent man she loves is one thing that makes our hearts happy to see. Martin has really nice family and I am so glad he found Anna and made her his bride. I wish them my truest blessing for the marriage.
We then went back to Cipete, with Clemy took another wrong way--the second wrong way that day--to Cibubur. We reached home at 5 p.m. and all of us were so tired we couldn't go anywhere else that night. I spent time in front of TV, watching all the missing episodes of CSI, Desperate Housewives, some dance shows and the movie A Walk To Remember. Those things I don't have in Bali.
Nov 4th
It was Sunday and we woke up a little late but still early for my body hadn't had enough rest for the last few days. Aunt Dewi, Aunt Siska, Goldi and Bent came and made the house full then we said goodbye. I prepared my stuff and went to airport with Clemy and Mom at 1 p.m. We had quick lunch at A&W, worried there would be traffic on the way to airport.
We arrived 2 hours too early anyway and waited at the coffee shop, discussed many details we missed when we were in larger group. My flight was delayed for another 2 hours till it finally take off and I arrived in Bali so tired at around 9.15 p.m. (GMT +8). I didn't have anyone waiting for me but I felt so peaceful and happy to be back in Bali. I love Jakarta because all of my family and many of friends are there. But for myself, nothing compares to Bali right now. Thank God I am home!
I had my flight delayed for almost one hour so it was around 6.15 p.m. (GMT +8) that we took off and arrived in Jakarta at around 7 p.m. (GMT +7). I got a friend ready to pick me up so I walked straight to his car and he drove me to Appetite, a cozy small cafe in Jl. Senopati, in which my mother, brother and sister had already waited for me.
[my family reunited]
So we had dinner and my family was listening to the stories about my life in Bali. It was such an overwhelming feeling to be surrounded by my little family again, with my siblings' eyes very eager to see me and they were excited to hear any stories I told them. They saw some positive changes in me and glad about it. We were there until 11 p.m. that we finally went to aunt's home at Joglo area, and I met my grandma and aunt also, had another chat till around 1-2 a.m.
Nov 2nd
We woke up before 8 a.m. the next day and I went to Pondok Indah area with Mom, meeting my aunts at Aunt Agnes' house. I always feel my aunts as big sisters to me, that I can talk about anything to them and often give advice more than I receive from them. We all went to Lai Ching restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel, also with Raphael, to meet Mr. Andreas.
Apparently Mr. Andreas Surjaputra was a family friend, but they all lost contact with him 27 years ago. Now the chance to meet was here and lots of stories were exchanged. It was a beautiful reunion and we found out that Mr. Andreas' daughter is the owner of Bon Chon Chicken franchise in Indonesia. She is amongst the top 40 Indonesian young entrepreneurs at the age of 23. Such an achievement!
[me and Lita]
We left the hotel and some of us went to Grand Indonesia. I met Lita, my 8-months pregnant best friend there and we had some coffee at De' Excelso until her husband, Oscar, arrived and took her for dinner. I waited for Adhe, friend of Ryan, to come see me and he did at around 8 p.m., took me to dinner at Y&Y until Ryan and his girlfriend came.
My aunt said there was some cases going on with taxis in Jakarta, so we need to be extra careful. I forgot that the metropolitan city isn't as safe as in Bali and I wore quite an open outfit so Adhe offered to accompany me home. We took Transcab taxi after waiting for 20 minutes for proper ones. I reached my other aunt's home at Cipete area at 11 p.m., surprised again at how busy Jakarta traffic was, even at night.
Nov 3rd
The next day started much earlier. Mom and I was ready at 7.30 a.m. and we headed to Rawamangun area for Anna's holy matrimony. I was supposed to bring the offerings but I came so late we ended up at Tanjung Priok area and when we went back we were stuck at Pulo Gadung because of the road construction. We made it by the time of communion and met some of Dad's family there.
We moved to Golden Leaf restaurant in Kelapa Gading. We met Mom's sisters and also Oma and Angelika there, and had the round table lunch, about 10 menus to finish off, including the black pepper venison. It was a really nice small wedding, tho I don't know most of the guests, but to see my dearest sweet cousin get married to a decent man she loves is one thing that makes our hearts happy to see. Martin has really nice family and I am so glad he found Anna and made her his bride. I wish them my truest blessing for the marriage.
[me, Clemency and Angelika]
We then went back to Cipete, with Clemy took another wrong way--the second wrong way that day--to Cibubur. We reached home at 5 p.m. and all of us were so tired we couldn't go anywhere else that night. I spent time in front of TV, watching all the missing episodes of CSI, Desperate Housewives, some dance shows and the movie A Walk To Remember. Those things I don't have in Bali.
Nov 4th
It was Sunday and we woke up a little late but still early for my body hadn't had enough rest for the last few days. Aunt Dewi, Aunt Siska, Goldi and Bent came and made the house full then we said goodbye. I prepared my stuff and went to airport with Clemy and Mom at 1 p.m. We had quick lunch at A&W, worried there would be traffic on the way to airport.
We arrived 2 hours too early anyway and waited at the coffee shop, discussed many details we missed when we were in larger group. My flight was delayed for another 2 hours till it finally take off and I arrived in Bali so tired at around 9.15 p.m. (GMT +8). I didn't have anyone waiting for me but I felt so peaceful and happy to be back in Bali. I love Jakarta because all of my family and many of friends are there. But for myself, nothing compares to Bali right now. Thank God I am home!









0 comments