My Childhood Friends
16:32
[ alex, me, jovita, alonzo, alif and chriswandy ]
Have I mentioned before about my childhood friends from Petra elementary when I lived in Taman Alfa Indah, before Bandung? Well I've been in touch with them again since 2010, after 17 years separated without any news about any of them. Suddenly, thanks to Facebook, everyone was back in my life, although I remember only some of them all.
Lately I have been hanging out with them again, at least once a month. The usual members are Jovita, Alif and Alex. Sometimes Alonzo and Chriswandy join us, sometimes more to the party. Last month, Rama and his wife joined the reunion in eX, some drink at Stark Bierhaus after Japanese dinner at Ootoya.
I'm kind of amazed on our friendship, by the way. I knew them only a little before I was 8 years old and met them again only occasionally in the past 4 years but I felt closer to them than any group of my high school or junior high in Bandung that I met everyday for 6 years. Even my 1-year friends from Binus are more attached than my 4-years ones in Maranatha.
Sometimes I think about this and I think it's kind of weird to have some people we rarely meet closer to heart than the ones whom we meet more often/intense. But then again, it's quality over quantity. And to have friends is already a blessing, no matter how often you guys meet. Next, we're planning to afternoon jogging together. I really am blessed to have friends like them!




0 comments