June Weekend Trip

14:25

me, hizkia, clemy and mom

I went to Bandung again last weekend to finish some stuff. Mom and I departed from BSD at 7 in the morning on Saturday, picked up my cousin Hizkia and my sister Clemy at their places, then off we went to the flower city. We arrived at around 12, picked up my brother Bent and we went to our high school area for lunch.

We had lunch at RM Legoh at Jl. Sultan Tirtayasa 9 then had a meeting nearby at Sagoo, then another meeting at Jl. Kemuning. Then we went to Rumah Mode, Jl. Setiabudi for shopping and met some of mom's friends. We had dinner at Giggle Box Setiabudi then went to Cassadua guest house at Cibogo where we stayed the night.

clemy, mom, manuel and me

The next day we went to Dago area, had brunch with my other cousin, Manuel, at Treehouse, Jl. Hassanudin (the food taste was so poor I don't recommend anyone to come here ever again) then had another shopping at factory outlets around, met Saphira and went to her house, then we spent hours at Cuppa Time, Jl. Teuku Umar until Hizkia came.

clemy, bent, saphira, mom and me

We were supposed to leave the city soon but the news told us there were accidents along Toll Cipularang so we postponed our trip and had some porridge at The Kiosk Dago. At 10 p.m. we dropped Saphira, continued our journey to Rest Area KM 97 where we slept for about an hour. The traffic decreased to KM 83 so we drove again and exit at KM 84 via Jatiluhur, Purwakarta.

We entered the toll back at Cikampek until Karawang because there was another traffic ahead. We drove along the Kalimalang River until KM 20. I held the GPS and be the co-pilot while Hizkia, Mom and Clemy had their turns driving. We reached Clemy's place at 3.15 a.m. and arrived at BSD at 4 a.m. It was such a tiring long drive home, but we're glad we had each other to get thru all that.

messy garbage everywhere

From this trip, I felt even more disappointed for Bandung. Yes, it has more trash bags for garbage, but sadly the people are still not accustomed to put their garbage into it. The streets after the Car Free Day program was a mess with garbage everywhere. The fallen leaves stacked up, garbage piled on the side of streets everywhere, plus the disorganized hawker sellers made it even a mess. I think this town is still not ready to be a tourism destination as it is now.

The good side I saw is the many bike riders I saw on Sunday and biking-friendly facilities on parks and streets. Apart from that, I saw the town is getting more disordered than ever. Posters, banners, stickers are everywhere, the shops put all texts on their displays and made the street view looks so trashy. I think the mayor or governor of Bandung needs to put more attention and do more things about clean living and behavior to its citizens.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)