My First Draft

16:26



Funny the way we meet people in our lives. I had just finished my first book of the trilogy I planned and meant to bind the printed manuscript at the near photo copy parlor in the complex yesterday. The middle-aged man who operates the machine asked me what the book is about and I told him the main idea, which led to a half hour conversation about our nation's history.

We both agree that Indonesia--that refers to Java--is a way bigger nation than what we know now, and we agreed on many subjects about Nuswantara. It's just funny how we could meet interesting people in the least predictable place. Like when I first met my soul mate two years ago. It was truly a random and unpredictable one. At the end of our conversation, he gave the binding fee free for me. It was nothing actually, but he just created a friendship here.

Anyway, I am extremely happy with this first draft I've been working on for almost 2 months now. It's close to perfect for me, tho I still don't know what's the editor/publisher gonna say about this. But at least I've finished a book now, which had been my dream since 2003. Geez it took me 11 years to get it really done, but I don't regret any of the process because this book is way beyond my imagination. I'm working on the second one already now.

Please pray for this baby of mine to be born and shown to the world! :) :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)