Maleficent

15:48

via hdwallpapers

I watched this movie on my own last week. I have always loved Sleeping Beauty among other Disney's princesses but never really thought about its villain until now. I kinda surprised myself that I actually liked Maleficent because its name (Snow White's villain has no specific name but Evil Queen and Ariel the Mermaid's villain is Ursula. I don't like the name Ursula) and its robe colors (black and purple) and that she could turn into a dragon.

via wikianocookie

Now that I watched the version that played by Angelina Jolie, you know I fell for this character even more. Perhaps because she is actually a fairy and once had wings (Evil Queen only has a mirror on the wall and became an evil old lady while Ursula is a fat underwater sorcerer--Maleficent got all the magic by nature). I got list of the whys I love this movie:
  1. Angelina Jolie plays Maleficent--all of her sides: the happy, the hurt, the evil--so perfectly.
  2. Her make up (especially the cheekbones) and horns are so similar to the cartoon version, up to her big black ring on her point finger.
  3. Maleficent has wings! Who would've guessed that? She looks just so gracious with those huge wings.
  4. Diaval the Crow is definitely a great additional character as human.
  5. Everything was according to the cartoon version we've always knew, added with 'untold details'. Like: she has horns because she's born a magical creature; she's using a staff because she had lost her wings; and she's cursing Aurora because of her malice to Aurora's father. The only scene missing is when Prince Philip fighting the dragon--but I don't mind it at all.
via edgecastcdn

I also took some lessons from this great movie. Here's what I got (please add if you got more):
  1. Never trust first love to be true love, let alone a first kiss. It's mostly an illusion, an imagination forced to be true, because true love is tested through time.
  2. Any ambition will bring you down one day, although it gives victory for some time.
  3. True love is a love felt and done, not the one just being said. 
  4. Love comes not just in form of man-woman but true compassion we feel to others.
  5. Love will always erase any curse, hatred and any evilness from the heart. Love is the only answer.
via screenrant
Now what do you think? Do you love this movie as much as I do? I don't mind watching this again and again, fyi.
;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)