Bon Jovi Jakarta Concert
15:34| this is just a part of our big group |
You must know that I've been busy that I hadn't post anything for almost a month now. Well there were new situations in my life with new friends, new boyfriend and new activities that I'm trying to adapt to. But Friday two weeks ago, on Sept 11, my sister and her husband called me at 3 p.m. and asked me to meet them ASAP at fX Sudirman for Bon Jovi Concert.
| the situation while waiting for the show |
So I hurried and took Go-Jek (which was my first time) and had to cut through such a desperate traffic jam all the way from Fatmawati. It was so frikkin' hot and tiring but finally I arrived at around 5 p.m. and met my sister and her big group (there were 18 of them). We then walked to the Gelora Bung Karno and picked the seats before it got too crowded. We got the seats at lower tribune area.
| all smartphones were recording and lighting the audience' area |
| the whole group in three rows |
But things went better once You Give Love A Bad Name (as I'd predicted to be their first song that night) was sang. For the next hour and a half, their old and new songs were sang in turn. I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy the show at all because of course I did. Cross Road was the first cassette I ever bought when I was on 6th grade. But the show wasn't really that satisfying for me. Not as enjoyable as The Cranberries' I watched years ago at JRL.
| our late dinner at Brewerkz: pork ribs, pork knuckle, sandwich, bacon wrap, and so on... |
The performance ended at 10 p.m. and we had to once again walked by foot all the way from GBK to Senayan City for late dinner. We had all the pork menu at Brewerkz that night for 20 people of us and finished the feast at midnight. That night I didn't go back to BSD City but stayed in Jakarta for the next 6 nights instead. It was a fun urban backpacking like I used to do in 2001 staying over at my cousin's and friends' houses. Geez, how time flew and how things never changed (in this case, it's me who don't change)!




0 comments