We Found Friends in a Random Place
11:16| first Thirsty Thursday at Amei, Salsa Food City |
I just realized I hadn't update my August activities. It was all started on first Thursday (Aug 6) when I went to Salsa Food City at Summarecon Mall Serpong to attend the so-called Thirsty Thursday (which I found from Couch Surfing), held by some 20-something expats who gather to drink beers and wanted to expand their friend circle. Some of the first few friends there were Lez (who made the event) and Kate--which became the two I was close the most.
| archery at Senayan--my third time! |
We hung out again the next Saturday for some Indian food, more beers and soju (Korean alcohol) at Karawaci, and did archery at Senayan on Sunday. After some late pizza lunch, Lez, Kate and I headed to Kemang to attend a pool party which I knew no one at, but quickly became friends with some of them and spent the rest of my August with one of the guys--whom I feel very dear to my heart now and fits me in a lot of ways. Well, who knows if he could be my soulmate?
![]() |
| some of my new friends at the pool party |
I had never thought that the urge I felt to attend that random Thirsty Thursday event (which was so unlikely me) would brought me so many new friends and experiences. I even hang out at bars again (the last time I did was in Bandung in 2011) and hang out a lot at Kemang, my most favorite area in the whole Jakarta. But I guess you gotta trust your gut instinct, right? You'll never know the surprise inside your next chocolate will give!





0 comments