My First Bike Ride in Jakarta
23:35![]() |
| BFF! |
As part of my urban backpacking week last week, I had a day spent with my elementary school friends. I borrowed my boyfriend's motorbike and rode all the way from Kemang to Fatmawati to Gandaria City. This was my first bike ride in Jakarta and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I mean, riding bike in Bandung, Bali and Yogya is a great idea because of the laid back cities. But in the hectic metropolitan such as Jakarta? I had never dream of ever riding a bike there!
| me, Sary, Meita, Maria and Monique |
But sometimes situation will force you to do things you didn't wanna do and there will always be a first time for everything. Just like my first experiences hiring an Uber taxi and Go-Jek bike within the past month, riding bike on my own in Jakarta is another fun thing. It wasn't even that hard, to my surprise (I was imagining the big buses, giant trucks, endless current of other bikes and angry honking cars).
| Sary performing on the stage |
So I came to Gandaria City, parked the bike at the proper place (some malls in Jakarta don't have motorbike parking space), and met Sary (a friend I knew from Bali but lives in Palembang), and then joined Maria (my bff since elementary years) and her friend Monique. We had early dinner at La Hoya and had some catch ups and ice breaking.
| at Thai Alley |
We then moved to Toyota expo that was held on the atrium (which was the reason why Maria and Monique was there), and then met with Meita (another elementary schoolmate) and her husband, and finally, Alex. We had another meal at Thai Alley before going home. The small reunion was rather spontaneous but it succeeded gathering some of us, than the planned reunion that is harder to happen. But what was more interesting to me was to drive the bike on my own in Jakarta street. Oh, I am so proud of myself--LOL!





0 comments