Getting My Stuff Back

22:53

I went around some parts of Jakarta today, driven by Ben with his motorcycle to hunt some small houses. But after circling around Benhil, Kemang, Cipete and Tanjung Duren, the result was still big zero. I couldn't find any unique small house with lots of openings. And when I do find one, the owner refused us. I had never imagine that hunting for houses can be this hard.

After maghrib we went to Senayan City to have a rest. We washed our faces and had a green tea brownie blizzard at the Dairy Queen. After refreshed and bought a pen correction for our little sister, we went to Citraland Mall.

A guy texted me a couple of days ago and said that he had a pile of cards with my name on those in a black plastic bag he found at around Tanah Abang a week before. I was at first thrilled when I first read the text cuz it came at around 2 a.m. and I was afraid that the texter might have been the stealer and that he (they) wanted something more from me.

I made sure that I'd have a back-up before I finally contacted him. To my relieve, the sound from the other end was nice and polite. I was a bit calmed but still, I needed a back-up.

So with my brother as my back-up, we went to the Gunung Agung bookstore at the 5th floor where the texter said he's working at. And when we met him, he was a nice person who didn't have any intention to blackmail me or sowhatever. He just gave me the cards (complete with the faded checks of some meal or stuff purchases) without the purse.

Yea of course I couldn't hope for my purse to return, tho that's my most favorite purse with Jack's coppery figure on it. But my driving license was more important than that (and costs the most expensive now, since I've replaced all of my ATMs, credit card and ID.)

I always knew that if they returns to me, they're mine. God will never be that cruel to me. And they're truly came back (tho minus the purse and cash.) So, they're really belong to me and God let someone 'borrowed' it for a month. I just gave the purse and cash as a bonus. Lol.
Still, God is great. Thank You, Lord!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)