Bandung for Holiday

17:13

Wow, I've been absent-writing for quite many days til now.. Guess I have many stories to be updated here so you can catch up with my latest news. Okay. The last time I posted, I told you I went to Grand Indonesia for 2 days in a row, noon 'til nite. Guess what? I went back there the next day! Lemme bring you the details:

[the new tools I bought at Gramedia Finest to enhance my writing mood]

Friday, 3 October 2008
I went to my old office to take my last salary and met up with Ira and Friska by 12 p.m. just 15 minutes before Blepak (friend of Mas Pluki) fetched me up. We got on the Kopaja 19 toward the Grand Indonesia (againn!!) for lunch at the Food Louver, then had a tour to book stores (Kinokuniya and Gramedia Finest). We also met up and chat with Andrew and Bomo, another friends of my oldest cousins at Gloria Jean's Coffee.

My cousin, Mas Pluki, and his wife, Mba' Mia, came by around 7 and we had dinner at Food Louver (again...) and had some chat there, at the same table for 3 hours until 10 p.m., then Mas Pluki went back to the apartment with me and continued the chat 'til 2 a.m.

It was so exciting and enlighting since this could be said as our first private conversation after 24 years in my life. LOL, I am 24 yrs old now, btw, which means this kind of conversation was never happened before between me and my 13 years older cousin. Kind of ironic, but I was happy to did that. That way we know each other better.

Saturday, 4 October 2008
My cousin stayed over that night but went hurriedly in the morning cuz he was to meet the doctor by 8. And I continued sleeping 'til almost noon when Mario called. He was just back from his 10 days holiday to Hong Kong and Macau. Before he came over I've succeeded sweeping, washing, and cleaning the apartment unit so it was a bit fresher when he finally showed up by around 1 p.m.

He patiently waited for me to finish mopping the floor before we could go out to fX (he had never been there) and had a kind of late Japanese lunch at Zhuma at the 2nd floor. We had chat and shared stories, catched up with the gap of the last 3 months of our separated lives. But we had to get back soon cuz we had booked travel tickets to Bandung that night and still had to get some stuff from our cribs.

We went to Bandung by 8.30 p.m. by Cititrans from the Sudirman pool (at the complex of Grand Lucky super store, FYI, and I sort of like Cititrans the best among all of the other Bandung-Jakarta travel services cuz it provides 6 reclyning seats only, each with safetybelts and pillows and private air-cons and lamps like in the night buses. It's super comfort!)

Arriving at Bandung again was kind of funny cuz I hadn't been there for about 2 months and I saw some changes here and there and it was funny how I could feel that.. well, basically I just came home. And I guess I missed my home quite much.

Sunday, 5 October 2008
All I did that day was just laying on the couch watching TV. Thanks to the cable service, I watched many episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S., iCarly, CSI:Miami, and other series that I missed since I moved to Jakarta. I laid in front of the plasma TV for so many hours it made my neck hurt and caused a headache it could only be stopped by taking a bath.

I promised my best friends I'd meet them when I get to Bandung again so I prepared before 6 and was dropped by my siblings to Paskal Hyper Square to meet the girls and their partners; Ester with Boyank and Hayden, the 10-months old baby, Irma with Yanto, and Livia.. who got introduced to Eric, a friend of Boyank. We had dinner at the food court, then moved to Happy Puppy for some karaoke-ing.


[Ester, Livia, and Eric]

I guess everybody knows that I dislike karaoke. But I don't think my girls do. They were so eager to sing I couldn't decline. So there we were, singing wholeheartedly for 1 hour in a closed room with nice aquarium-like interior, to the songs I truly hate; songs by ST-12 and D'Masiv; all those songs I hate during my work cuz a colleague turned the songs over and over everyday it made me so sick. OK, I am being so sarcastic now, but dunno why I really hate those songs.

[Yanto and Irma]

[me, Ester and Livia]

Well, thankfully the crap songs were over soon and I could choose my favorite so I picked Always (Bon Jovi's) for the closing song by the end of our one-hour sing-along-song session, which made everybody sang and I guess it made the night just alright. Irma and Yanto drove me home and I slept over with Mom that night, shared stories and other stuff. Missed my Mom so bad..

Monday, 6 October 2008
I was supposed to see the dentist that morning but I woke up late so I prepared to go to the campus but I had to wait for Mom and sister to get ready cuz they were coming with me since there were no maids at home, means there was no food for lunch. We went by around 11 a.m.

We had lunch at Reds Dipo, a 'waroeng bawal' that serves fish as their main dish. It was at the frontyard of Flashy store, at Jl. Dipati Ukur No. 1. It was a nice lunch but the cat was so annoying (there was a very dirty cat waited for our fishes who bothered Clemy 3x which made her so upset with the cat. One more reason to hate cats..)

Then we went ahead to Maranatha, they dropped me in front of the campus so I could photo copied my transcript documents at the other side of the road. I went to my old faculty building and met some of my juniors (most of them I no longer know); Mel and her girl friends and also Andri (the one I met up at Grand Indonesia just 4 days before, at the second day of Lebaran--the one who is similar to Bamz of the Samsons band, remember?)

I was supposed to meet Andri by 9 that morning but it was almost 1 p.m. already and he had to go to class, so I worked on my documents to be legalised at the GAP building while waiting.

Andri finished by around 2, just in time when I finished my stuff. We met up at the SRD (Seni Rupa dan Desain) building and hung around there, til Livia came by and asked us to go with her to the police station to take care of something. She lost her student card and needed the police's report to get the new one. We went to the police station near PVJ, at Jl. Sukajadi. Then, after that we went to de'risol near PUSDA'I (Pusat Da'wah Islam) to meet her new friend Herman, who was with his friends having afternoon break snack there.

By 5 p.m. we finished and Livia dropped me and Andri at campus and we went to his house by his motorbike and met with his family again. After some quick dinner we went by his car to Eiger, Giant and Kawani to check out the backpacks. I wanted a backpack for my backpacking plan, and Andri gave some advices to choose a good backpack.

After the browsings we went to PVJ to check on the Zoom store for the macbook. Okay, I got all the informations I needed that night. Not being so long at PVJ, we went to Cafe Asix at Jl. Talaga Bodas and met up with Andri's biker friends. We had pizza and chat til around 10.30 and I needed to get back home before everybody was sleep.


[the cozy atmosphere at Cafe Asix]

So we reached my house by 11 p.m. and chat about many things 'til around 2 a.m. that night and I found that Andri was a really nice talking friend, and a gentlemen boy (due his 22 years old of age). He's a great companion to me and I like being with him.

Tuesday, 7 October 2008
Again, I woke up late. I was supposed to be at the dentist by 8 but I woke up just 30 minutes after. I reached St. Borromeus Hospital by 9.30 and waited for my turn there. Thankfully a friend of Mom took a number for me already I didn't have to wait for too long.

Drg. Swanny Sentana, also a mother of my friend Ian, is a really nice and friendly dentist. She cares a lot about me and she's been handling my teeth so patiently (I hate going to dentist but I love all the dentists that have ever handled me cuz they're all friends of Dad). I had to go back to her by the end of October and I still need to get back for at least 2 more times. I was thinking about getting braces for my disordered lower teeth.

However I finally done by almost 11 a.m. and called Adit to ask if he was at the campus but he was at home so I drove to his house to get my USB flashdisk back. I called Luppi to make sure she's at campus but she was out at Istana Plaza so I drove there to picked her up.

We went to PVJ and chilled out at Black Canyon Coffee for lunch-time coffee (I shouldn't eat for at least 2 hours after the dental care) and we shared stories, all those which we lost for more than a year being on our own. I know people don't get why I care for Luppi so much, but yes, I do. I care for her and somehow, love her for being herself. Of all our misunderstood in the past time, we've managed to understand and respect each other better. That's why we're friends.


[Luppi and me]

I had to get back home before 2 so I drove Luppi to the campus and ordered fried rice for our lunch at home. I went home, had lunch, and already had to go again before 4 to drive my sister to Cititrans. I called Alex for an instant meeting and he said 'Sentra Kampus'. So I drove there after dropping Clemy.

But on the way there Alex cancelled so I called Audry and she said 'PVJ, 6 o'clock'. So I drove back thru the Hegarmanah (Jl. Ciumbuleuit was extremely jammed on the way down), but meanwhile I thought I still had 2 more hours to 6 p.m. so I called Rachelle and she agreed to meet at PVJ that very hour.

So I drove to PVJ and waited for her. Tried asking for Livia to join us but she couldn't, and Audry just cancelled, so the night was ours only. Rachelle and I haven't met for months and it was nice seeing her again, we chilled at Starbucks for hours, exchanging stories. I really like this girl, she has a lot in common with me and apparently we clicked. It was funny why didn't we do all of this togetherness since 8 years ago, when we first met, but things were different back then. All of our life stories brought us to this point when we could share the same vision. It was nice, though.


[Rachelle and me]

We ordered take-away noodle for her Mom, walked around the mall, and had porridge for dinner at Red Bean. It was 9 p.m. already when we were finally going home. I slept over with Mom again and stayed awoke til 4 a.m. chatting.

Wednesday, 8 October 2008
I made Mom agreed to drive me back to Jakarta and take care of some things there and prepared to go by around 1 (we just woke up by 11) but apparently I got a serious stomachache and it was one of the most terrible pain I've ever had and Mom massaged me to sleep so we couldn't go to Jakarta that day. It was raining all day and I had my good nap for almost 4 hours, I guess. I woke up by 5 and we prepared to have dinner.

We went to Cafe Halaman at Jl. Tamansari, and had dimsum instead of the porridge that we've planned. We talked and I told her some of my latest experiences in Jakarta that she missed out. We finished by 10 and went back home.

Andri knew that I wasn't going to Jakarta that night and showed up just a minute after we reached house. Andri and I watched the HBO til super late, another 2 a.m. talking. I slept on my own bed and enjoyed being inside my mosquito net for one more time.

Thursday, 9 October 2008
I woke up by 8.30, took a bath and prepared the stuff I needed to bring to Jakarta hurriedly cuz the travel depart by 2 p.m. Andri came around 11 by his trail bike (it's his extreme hobby) and brought my legalised papers he took that morning at the campus. He was so nice, actually, apart from his appearance (which is quite deceiving) and I could say he's one of only few gentlemen boys I've ever know in Bandung. I was so impressed by his attitude.

Mom and I went by 12 and fetched Mom's friends, Tante Patsy and Tante Olive, and we all went to Kartika Sari Dago to have lunch. I had the garang asem soup, it was one of its best menus. After lunch we went to Kawani and bought a black Extreme backpack for me. I could never imagine buying this kind of bag cuz I've never been a fan of outdoor adventures for so many years since I was at the junior high years. It was the last time I jumped actively to such activities.

I finally left Bandung by 2 p.m. and arrived in Jakarta by around 4.15. I shopped a little at the Grand Lucky, most were for the travel to Pulau 1000 next Saturday. Ben fetched me with his motorcycle and I was so glad to get back to the apartment. Actually, I felt something was missing, and I guess it was Andri.

Anyway, I didn't have so much time to think about that cuz by 7 p.m. I already have to go to Kemang to meet my 15 years-old cousin, Hizkia, at Kemang Food Festival. We had fun 'til 11p.m at Shisha Cafe; me, Ben, Hizkia, and 4 of his girl friends from school. I finally reached the apartment by 12 a.m. after waiting for Ben to drop Hizkia first.

Guess the Bandung holiday is over, I am so excited to wait for another holiday; Pulau Seribu. Just wait for the report in 3 days from now!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)