Rafting
10:41This was my first time rafting. I've always wanted to do this but never had a chance. So when William asked me, I didn't think twice; I agreed.
Will fetched me the night just after my dinner with the IG members and dropped me at Puri so I could go to Karawaci with Joey, Issac and Acun who were in the complex. We had supper at Gondrong and stayed over at the boys' house.
We woke up just by before 8 and got prepared to go. We arrived at Gaby's house by 9 and had nasi uduk for breakfast there. We finally departed by 9.30 in two cars; me, William, Yanuar, Issac and Acun in Will's Fortuner and Joey, Alex, Gaby and Amanda (Putri Pendidikan Indonesia 2008, Gaby's sister) in Joey's car.
We arrived at the Arus Liar by 1.30 p.m., after being lost cuz we didn't see the signage of the place. We overdrove for about 2 km already, maybe. When we arrived, the team were already waiting for us for we were the only visitors that day.
We were given welcome drinks then grabbed our life-jackets and helmets then get on a truck which brought us to the upper course of the Citarik river. We divided ourselves in to 2 groups; I was grouped with Joey, Gaby, Alex and Acun. We got on the yellow boats after getting a quick brief for the rafting. We were told how to hold our oars and how to swim if we fall out of the boat (only back style is permitted for we wear life-jackets already).

[the instructor, Acun, Joey, me, Gaby, another instructor, Alex]

[Issak, Yanuar, me, Alex, William, Acun, Amanda, Joey..
where is Gaby?]
We started floating, rowing and following instructions they gave us. We really had fun and what I thought about this rafting stuff happened to be a lot more fun and easy when we do it. We rafted for 8 km and got fresh coconuts when we finished. We got on another bigger truck to get back to the place where we started.

We took baths, had the dinner (or very late lunch, actually) they've already prepared for us, and looked on the pictures they took while we were rafting. It was really fun to be there with such fun people. We went back to Jakarta by 6 but the traffic was jammed along the main road of Sukabumi and we stopped at the Bogor rest area to have our (second) dinner.

We arrived at Mal Puri Indah by 11 p.m. and hung out at Starbucks where I met Tasha my schoolmate in Binus. She was changed, but still she's my naive Tasha. We played the Werewolf game and it was fun cuz it was a detective game and needed some arguments, analysis, etc. We finished by around 1 p.m. and Joey drove me home.
I was so tired and this had been the most tiring week I ever had (started from the morning at Marina Ancol, just last Saturday) and the most unforgetful one for me. All those memories I'll keep, all the fun I had, all the people I met, all of them are just so fantastic and wonderful. Another blessing I get from God, but by next Monday I have to be back on my working schedule.

[Acun, Amanda, Issak, Gaby, me
Will, Yanuar, Joey, Alex]
Will, Yanuar, Joey, Alex]
We took baths, had the dinner (or very late lunch, actually) they've already prepared for us, and looked on the pictures they took while we were rafting. It was really fun to be there with such fun people. We went back to Jakarta by 6 but the traffic was jammed along the main road of Sukabumi and we stopped at the Bogor rest area to have our (second) dinner.

[Amanda, me, Issak, Yanuar, Alex, Gaby, Acun, William in front of Starbucks Puri]
We arrived at Mal Puri Indah by 11 p.m. and hung out at Starbucks where I met Tasha my schoolmate in Binus. She was changed, but still she's my naive Tasha. We played the Werewolf game and it was fun cuz it was a detective game and needed some arguments, analysis, etc. We finished by around 1 p.m. and Joey drove me home.
I was so tired and this had been the most tiring week I ever had (started from the morning at Marina Ancol, just last Saturday) and the most unforgetful one for me. All those memories I'll keep, all the fun I had, all the people I met, all of them are just so fantastic and wonderful. Another blessing I get from God, but by next Monday I have to be back on my working schedule.





2 comments