My Dream Funeral

23:41

image was taken from flickr.com

If people like to dream about their wedding day, I like to dream about the day when I die. It's a rather unique hobby, I know, since most people think it's a bit quirky. But I think it's cool to think about my future funeral. Perhaps you could guess this from my cellphones case; the Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas' sarcofagus.

Well, I guess it's quite important to see how we're gonna die. After years of living in this secular world, thinking about the way we're gonna leave it is sort of fun, in a way. I think our funeral would be like a raport day like in school years. It's like judgment about our way of living.

For me myself, I'd love to have people whom I love to gather around my body and pray for me, I really do hope they will be more than I'd expect.. To imagine about what I am talking about, watch Elizabeth Town and perhaps you'll understand. I'd love to have people remembering me as someone was lovely and meant a lot to them.

I would really love if in my funeral later, people would step on a podium and tell others about their memories with me, I hope they'd be the good ones, and I'd really want them to never forget me. The announcement about their feelings toward me in front of other people who'd attend my funeral would be a really nice treat for my future free soul.

I don't really care about the decorations they're gonna put around me, but I'd like it to be purple (like, of course!). And I don't know too much about flowers, but I'd like white flowers with the hue. I often imagine it as an elegant and sacred room, rather than a mournful atmosphere. I want people to celebrate my 'freedom' from this secular world and remember only the good things I've left inside every of their hearts.

I always think that being dead is just a beginning of an immortal life, the life with Jesus Christ in Heaven which I really can't wait to join. I hope I could finish all of the tasks He ordered me to do before He'd call me back to the paradise. Inspired by books Embraced by the Light and Heaven is So Real!, I have to remind myself once in a while that my life here is just temporary and only a media I'd (and also everybody else here) have to pass through before living in the after life.

So, I would request only great songs to be sang in my funeral, and smile and laughter to be wear on there. I don't want any mourning since my soul wouldn't be in secular pain anymore. People should join the celebration with me and the angels (I am positive on going to Heaven instead of Hell, LOL..)

Oh, one more thing. I'd prefer my dead body to be cremated instead of being buried. I don't wanna bother anyone to come to the cemetery with flowers to say things to the cold marble stone that would be carved with my name on it and pay the rent for 2 squaremeters of earth anually, not to mention the maintenance fee...
No. I'd prefer that everyone who'd want it could have a part of my now-ash-body with them, put it in a small silk purple bag that could be put around their necks or on the rearview mirror in their car or inside their toilet drawer or in their nostalgia box, anywhere! Creepy, huh? Lol..
But see the fact that I could be with them everywhere they want me to and I'll be surely in their hearts. And you could throw the rest of the ashes in the sea, so I could literally travel around the world with the current. It'd be that simple. What do you think about that?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)