Another New Crib!
02:41[the façade of my new crib. c'est sans le gate!]
OK. You may say I'm a nomadic person, but I needed to move out. The idea came when I fell sick last Wednesday. I couldn't get off of the bed and my body was extremely exhausted. I guess it was because I was too tired riding the bike the whole 8-9 km per trip from the kost to office (and another 8-9 km for the trip home), and also got too much gastric acid. I eat late than my meal times so it hurt so bad.
So I was looking for a new place last Thursday night after work. Victor, a friend from the church, accompanied me to search around Kerobokan area. God blessed us, we found this crib at our first effort. The guy who owns a warung where we had dinner showed us the small road right in front of the jail. It was a 3-meters wide paved road with nice surroundings.
This vacant room is at the front side of the house, facing north, with 3 x 4.2 sqm plus a 1.2 x 1.2 sqm shower inside. The room height is 3 meters, which made the room spacious enough for two. I paid the DP that night and went back the next day to pay the deposit for the first month.
[the 3 meters wide, paved road]
Tante Siska came to my old kost last Saturday at 8 a.m. and helped me packing all the stuff. We then headed to Jl. Imam Bonjol to find suitable cupboard, which I got at the second shop we visited. It cost IDR575,000 for a three-doors. We then searched for curtain, which I found at the first shop near the new kost. I got the mint colored calico cloth and nice wood rail.
We still had to make the second trip because Tante Siska's blue jazz couldn't hold all of my stuff, but the second trip was easier and faster. She dropped me and the stuff at the new kost at 4 p.m. and I got Victor came not too long after that. He helped me with the assembling stuff and to clean the tiles with Porstex. It was quite a job!
It was hard to say goodbye to the first place that welcomed me when I came to Bali. I've known all the roads and the shops and every little things about Kubu Anyar (at least I think I knew it) and the friends and the hospitality of the house owner and his family. But I need to sacrifice this comfort zone to get into a more comfort I needed.
That was why I came back to the old place yesterday after 7 a.m. mass. This time, I was the visitor, since my old room was already occupied (even it was just a day before). It truly is hard to say goodbye, but I will still visit them and the new place brings me so much energy, especially when I am able to decorate it more with the style I want it.
[can't help not buying all these stuff. my best buy so far!]
I spent last night shopping at Carrefour and Ace Hardware, overjoyed for finding a cute dish garden and plastic fruit basket. I hope the place will turn out better next month after I paint it and put some niches on the wall. This is like the first place I truly own by myself! Thank you, Lord, for putting everything in the right places!







0 comments