Drupadi

03:04


As my interest on Javanese wayang tale is getting bigger and I became fonder about it, I found this movie made by Dian Sastro (who starred as the main character as well), directed by Riri Riza. The movie was released on 2008, four years already and I haven't heard of anything about it till now. Amazing how uninteresting history and classics for young people and the business these days, huh?

What annoys me is the fact that Arjuna was played by Nicolas Saputra, because I prefer him to play Yudhistira, the eldest brother of the Pandawas and also the righteous husband of Drupadi in Javanese version. I am kinda annoyed that just because Arjuna is more famous than Yudhistira that Nicolas didn't do the first brother role. But then again perhaps he suits Arjuna more than Yudhistira's character.

I haven't watch the full movie anyway, so I just keep my mouth shut about it. I dunno where to find this movie anyway, even in Indonesia, but I'd love to find one and watch it full. I love Drupadi's character so much already based on the Javanese wayang version, and I wanna know if I like the humanized, Dian Sastro's version of her. If you know where I can find the DVD or anything about this, please do let me know, thank you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)