Soul Mates

23:57

[Drupadi]

After books and words I've read and heard, I do believe now that we have more than one soul mate in one lifetime. One came from one incarnation and the other came from another incarnation. From what I've learned, I came into conclusion that in one incarnation we have one person to be our spouse or life partner. But soul mates, more than one of ours are spread around the world, waiting a chance to meet with each other.

I just read a book about wayang, Indonesian traditional tale which was adapted from Indian Hindu tale, and I found a lot of characters there; all the gods and goddesses and kings and queens and princes and princesses and knights and giants and jokers, etc. I was concentrating more to the stories of goddess, as I am very interested recently to Drupadi (In Indian version it is Dropadi).

From the reading I found out that at the time kings and queens usually had children with more than one person. One princess was deeply in love with the mighty Arjuna but he told her to marry his cousin instead, another was obsessed with someone who didn't become her husband, and so on. Broken hearts, sad love stories, affairs and untold secrets aren't just ours. It happened since thousands of years ago and even in the world of gods and goddesses.

Maybe at first you will say that the kings were playboys to sleep with any beautiful woman and the queens were too slutty to have kids from different fathers. But when we go deeper we can find a more difficult love stories in it, only God knows. Maybe it was because the souls that reincarnated tend to find their match, and suffer if they can't find them, but as human we sometimes aren't patient enough to wait for that perfect match to come.

As the world is getting so old now, and the fact that I do believe in reincarnations, I guess there are now too many soul mates we can meet in one lifetime. Those who become our parents, siblings, best friends, lovers and someone special who are never ours. These people come into our lives, touch our hearts so deep, either it takes a lifetime (parents and siblings), a part of it (best friends and lovers) or even just for one hour.

I met Fya last Monday night just before she was crossing the strait to Lombok island. She mentioned that Alex and I are soul mates. That explains why he has a very special place in my heart, out of all other friends I've had for the 28 years of my life. I've known Alex since I was about 8-9 years old, FYI. And this explains the strong feelings I have for him at few previous post ago. I think I am also soul mates with Joey. I am quite certain about that, because we can read each other's mind so well without having to waste too many words spoken.

Well now I think I recently have met another of my soul mate. He was a total stranger a week ago, but in just hours of talking he said I affected so much on him and for me, I simply cannot forget him so easily. Perhaps because he makes me feel comfortable, safe and the fact that he put so many attention and affection to me. Perhaps it's even much more than that, only I haven't realize or feel it. Or perhaps I am still holding myself back from the chance of a new love.

I would really like to say that I know everything I need to know in life, but I cannot. There are still so much more that are beyond my knowledge, beyond my imagination, and even beyond my ability to understand it all. And now, facing the fact that I might meet someone I've met before--too many years ago--is somehow excites me.

I am thrilled to know more about him, because after long hours of talking on the phone we've found too many similarities and connections between us, though we have only two mutual friends in facebook--which is a truly rare coincidence to have so many similarities with each other. It was like we've known each other for a long time already, because he feels familiar. Perhaps we did met. Perhaps we were lover. Maybe we weren't meant to be together in this incarnation. But maybe not... yet.

I am wondering how fun it would be if I could practice the ring of light like what Paulo Coelho did in Aleph just to find out what or who was (or were) I before. But sometimes, it's just better to leave the mystery unrevealed. Let God do His marvelous work on us and just see the final result later. Meanwhile, I am trying to enjoy the ride.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)