My Colorful Birthday
12:54
[angel bought me this beauty ethnic tote bag from bali]
[bought myself black pants/skirt from stradivarius]
[and this b/w print mini from pull&bear]
So it all started on Saturday when I was left alone at home (Mum went to Bandung) and had to drive Goldi to her modelling class. We picked Angel up first then had a late pizza lunch at Pisa Kafe Mahakam. Maura, Angel's friend, joined us for a bit before they were going north by busway. I dropped the girls at the Al-Azhar busway terminal then went back to BSD.
At around 6 p.m. everyone was gathered at home: Mum arrived from Bandung, Aunt Dewi came from Karawaci, and my brother, Ben, from Kelapa Gading. We then went out to The Breeze for dinner, had some meat at Meat Me. Aunt Siska and Goldi caught up later and made it merrier. Then later I had some conversation with my brother and mother. It was nice.
[the hotplate steak a la gandy]
The next morning we woke up a bit lazily then picked up our sister at Bintaro after her German class. We then headed to Teraskota, BSD, for lunch at Gandy, which famous with the steak. But I should say the service was kind of poor, perhaps because they keep the old waiter too long. But the meal were still great.
[my singer siblings]
After that we crossed the street and went to BSD Square to sing karaoke at Inul Vizta. Aunti Siska joined us at the second hour so we added up another hour to maximize the moment. I got this 1 hour free voucher so it was okay. What surprised us was to know that the entertainment tax in South Tangerang is up to 30%! It was kind of robbery, we think.
[newlook leather bag from mum]
[greenlight white canvas bag from siblings]
To surprise me more, after quick early dinner at KFC, my siblings came to me to give birthday present, which I didn't thought they were having in mind so they really got me there. I was really touched that they gave so much for me, just to make me happy on my birthday. Mom also got me bag for the present. I had been looking for bag since I moved back to Jakarta and now everybody got me bag!
My siblings went home soon after, but my day wasn't over. I went to meet my boyfriend and we had late dinner at Orenchi Ramen, Mangga Besar (which was recommended!) At 12 a.m. he was surprisingly thrusting me the cute birthday cake and asked me to make a wish. I didn't have this privilege of blowing off candles for the last two years (or more, I don't recall..) so this was really special.
[mushroom portobello]
On my birthday I had a juicy burger for lunch at Carls Jr. for I had been craving for juicy meat with melting cheese for the whole weekend (and I had a lot of it). It was really satisfying but I had enough with meats now I'm going back to homemade food from now on..
[cute h&m bag from oma]
[watch from auntie]
[necklace from aunt siska and goldi]
[blew another candles]
I went home but only had about 5 minutes to sit down, and my grandma came with Aunt Lena. They brought me another birthday cake, some birthday presents (bag, again, from Oma and maroon watch from auntie). Then Aunt Siska came with Goldi, bringing another present (pearl and gold necklace--thankfully not another bag). I really am happy for the day. Having family to gather just for my day, it's just so precious!






0 comments