Nibiru & Kesatria Atlantis
16:14
via tribunnews
I can't believe I hadn't post about this yet, because this book had been my favorite lately. This fantasy centers on Dhaca Suli, a Southern Kedhalu boy who goes to school in North Kedhalu. Kedhalu was said to be a peaceful and secluded magical island in time long before ours. One day, people from Nyathemaythibh came to destroy Kedhalu and it's where Dhaca Suli and friends' adventure began.
Actually I could sense a little of Harry Potter and Avatar: The Legend of Aang (or The Last Airbender) here. There are magic, various sixth sense abilities and the skills to control natural elements. But nowadays you can never create anything new. Everything must be inspired by something that had created first, so for this book I rate it as nearly perfect.
Why I love this book, is because this could be one of few Indonesian fantasy books so far and it mentions Atlantis (which named as Nyathemaythibh here) and the author, Tasaro GK, even created a new language that is used by the people in Kedhalu. There is a spoiler somehow, how to read in Kedhalu, so you can know the real meaning in Indonesian or Javanese:
bh = s, p = kh, m = l, ny = h, dh = r, j = c
y = n, g = w, th = t, ng = dh/d, k = n, r = d
y = n, g = w, th = t, ng = dh/d, k = n, r = d
Anyway, you really must read this book. Although it is 'just' a fantasy, but it really is entertaining and the literature, the flow, the characters... they all can bond with the readers. I borrowed the book last year so I write it now based on what I could remember. It was so hard to find the copy because I searched for about a year for it but it's sold out all over the bookstores. Not bad for Indonesian literature, eh!




0 comments